EIGHT

I encountered corridor traffic so I run late for the next subject and saw everybody's eyes fixed on me including Maverick's. "Oh-key Miss... Brooks you're late. Show us your talent now." The professor said as I entered the room finding a place to seat. I'm about to dance in front of the class which is not that very hard since it's the best thing I'm good at and that we wore civilian clothes, when the professor said that the majority of the class had shown their dancing skills so I have to show the alternative one, like singing. God! Help! I'm a no good singer, what to do? I sang The One That Got Away by Katy Perry and some of them giggles and snickers like an asshole. I felt pathetic and bullied when the laugh gets real louder. The relief sunk in when somebody clap his hand loud enough for the whole class to hear and I saw that it's Maverick. They look at the back where the noise of the clap comes from and I saw some of them looked embarrassed by the time they noticed it's him, so they does the same thing and now all of them applauded me. I didn't know we have the same music class period. And I think it's really a relief.

Finding a place to hang out-again, I walk through the hallway that didn't make it hard for me to do since it's already five o'clock and some of the students are already gone. As I put on my earphones I hear a sound of a girl coming from the abandoned building at the back of the school's main building where I am right now. I ignored it and played a music on my smart phone instead. The darkness of the sky didn't help to freak me out including the sound of the girl at the back of my earphones. I walk to where the howling sound came from and found a girl tied up in a post, sobbing. At first I didn't touch her because she was creepy. "Hoy! Tulungan mo naman ako! Titingin ka nalang ba diyan? Huhuhu!" The girl said then I helped untying the rope. I asked her what happened and she said she was bullied by some guys inside the campus. I didn't know she was kind of nerdy until she wears her eye glasses so I called her four eyes and she just looked at me with her stare daggers. "Bago ka lang dito?" She asked while sipping her slurpee and I just nodded. We sat on a bench outside mini stop and bought something to eat, talked about ourselves, about her family. She talks a lot and apologizes after, because she said she doesn't make a lot of friends in school so she grabbed the opportunity to talk a lot with me. Well, if you're going to ask me it's really fine with me since me, myself still haven't made any friends at school yet so this is like an instant friend.

It's P.E class so I got to go immediately to the locker room, and next to the gym. Changing my clothes inside the locker room, two girls approaches me. "Girl! Bago ka dito?" Sabi ng isang babae sakin na may kasama pang isang babae din na familiar ang mukha sakin. "Obviously, yeah?" I said sarcastically. "Hey you! Ikaw yung kasunod ko sa pila sa canteen last time diba?" So siya pala yung sumigaw sigaw non sa cafeteria na nasa labas si Daniel. "Yup! I remember you." Sabi ko at binalik yung tingin sa P.E uniform na kinukuha ko sa locker. "Ohhh! So you knew each other. You know what, why don't you come with us? Classmates naman tayo this period." And then she started dragging me somewhere. "Bihis na tayo girl!" Tweaked face says. "Bakit?Nakahubad ba tayo?" Shouty girl replied. Natawa naman ako sa isip ko sa mga paguusap nila. Their actually funny in alot of ways.

After playing badminton with my group mates Chealsy France (the tweak fish), Megan Ally (the cool one) and Mark Alwin (A.K.A Mawi, the handsome bisexual), they treat me street foods outside the campus and said it's their favorite 'food trip' place. I've never tasted barbeque on stick before, not until now. We were seated on a table where we eat our barbeque when somebody places his arm around my shoulder that made my heart jump. "What the!" Then I looked at my back and saw it's Duke, looking at Chealsy, Trixie, and Mawi they looked like they never saw a human before, they are all stiffened. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I said looking at him with irritated expression. "I missed you!" He said as he stares directly to my eyes that made my heart pound. I stood up to face him but he hugged me, I almost hugged him back when I realized that it was wrong so I quickly took his hands off of me. I didn't really expect it from him but the only thing that comes out of me is "Dream on!" Serves him right. Saying sorry for my three newly found friends I grab my things and left them speechless, leaving Duke still following me.

Naglakad ako ng naglakad nang hindi tumitingin sa likod hanggang dumating ang ilang minuto, wala na akong maramdamang sumusunod sakin. Paglingon ko wala na siya don kaya natuwa ako at naghanap nalang ng masasakyan, kasi hanggang ngayon hindi ko parin nakukuha yung kotse ko. Maya maya lang may bumuhat sakin at isinakay ako sa kotse. "WHAAAA!!!! MOMMYYY!!!" walang naitulong yung pagsigaw ko dahil wala namang tumulong sakin. Talagang hindi niya ako pauuwiin. "Ano bang problema mo at saan mo ko dadalhin! Huh?" Galit na galit na sigaw ko sa kanya, sa puntong ito mas binilisan niya pa yung pagda-drive nang hindi ikinakabit yung seatbelt sakin. Hanggang ngayon talaga gentleman parin siya. Argggg!!! Dinala niya ako sa bahay nila at walang katao-tao pag pasok namin. Kinaladkad niya ako hanggang sa kama niya kung saan ko sila nakitang magkasama ni Bethany at tinuro niya sakin yung kama. "Is this what you always remember when you think of me? Please Zoe! It's been so long since we broke up! And I want to start a new relationship with you." He says while he holds my both hands. "Do you think it's that easy? Do you think that I'll be giving you a second chance? And what makes you think I still haven't moved on? What makes you think that I still love you?!" One blink and my tears would be falling down my chic next. I cant breath because of what I just said, my heart gone hysterical. "Please Zoe! Don't make this hard for the both of us. The way you look at me, it's still the same as before. Sorry! Sorry because I'm the biggest asshole in the world the day I hurt you. Besides you know how Bethany is so desperately in love with me right? And I know inside of you, inside of you I'm still there! Please forgive me and let's have our relationship it's second time around. I promise I won't be doing anything stupid anymore." As he finished his speech he quickly wrapped his arms around me for a tight, breathtaking hug. I felt his warm body touches mine, I let him hug me for almost fifteen minutes but I didn't hug him back. I didn't do what my body's craving for, because I'm not sure for what I'm feeling right now and I don't want to torment myself over again. "I still love you Zoe." He said before kissing my forehead and so my tears gone unstoppable.

What happened this afternoon comes flashing back into my mind. I still can't get over it until a message pop up on my facebook account's wall and I was shocked. It says, "Biatch! You left us clueless yesterday. Explain tomorrow, k?" Chealsy France Belladicto. I didn't know this girl was thoughtful, I just thought she's got a lot of guys. I like to be cared of despite that I never cared for anyone or maybe it's just that I can't bare to know I'm starting to care for them.