5.Funerals

Flashback
Nicki -

Nicki : Chase.. Um--um.. I am pregnant ... ( he ignored me and kept watching .. As I stood in his shadow .. )
Chase!?! ( I sat down on his lap ) did you not hear me !? I am preg-
He pushed me off his lap .. Causing me to fall down on the hard  floor ..

Chase : I FUCKIN HEARD U!! NOW HOW MANY TIMES I GOTTA TELL I AM NOT READY TO BE A FATHER??!
HOW ARE WE GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THE BABY !?! WHEN WE BARELY CAN EVEN EAT EVERY NIGHT!?! ( standing over me yelling )

Nicki : YOUR THE ONE WHO DIDN'T WANTED THIS BABY!! I DID AND I AM NOT CHANGING MY MIND.. You can always leave if you want to... I can take care of my baby myself .. ( I said as I stood up from the floor ..and standing face to with him ) You can always leave if you want ...

Chase : I DONT WANT YOU HAVIN THIS BABY!! I SWEAR NIC IF U HAVE THIS BABY I WILL MAKE SURE YOU AND THE BABY DISAPPEAR FOR GOOD !!! Now take this money and go get that thing out ...( he handed some cash ...)

Nicki : No!! Fuck you and your money .. Im going to have this baby.. Either you like it or not... I don't care what you do .. But I'm not taking this baby out ...( I walked to the kitchen grabbed my purse and left the house .. I sat down in front of the door crying ... )

Flashback over
I stood in our living room when all the memories were replaying in my head... I couldn't help but drop some tears.. When I felt some cold hands on my shoulder...

It's time to go...." She said while grabbing me by my shoulder ... I wiped off my tears , grabbed my handbag and left ...

After 20 mn of ride we reached the grave yards.. I was so weak.. I could barely stand on my legs ... Everyone stood there in black .. My closest family members to my friends and Chase family ...

I can't go there Sherika.. His family !? How am I going to face them!? " I asked Sherika while crying .

Nic stop ... This isn't your fault ... He was the one driving not you .. And plus it was all part of Gods plan " she said reassuring me ...

But Sherika.. I'm the one who started this conversation .. If only I haven't looked at his phone .. If only I have waited until we got home ...

If only he wasn't having an affair ... If your going to stay here and blame yourself for something he did then I'm going to leave u standing here... Or cmon we have a funeral to attend .." She grabbed me by my hand and we walked to the grave..

Everyone was so nice to me .. The worst party is nobody knew I was pregnant ... Except for him , me and Sherika ...after everyone Feelinf sorry for me and all that .. His mother walked up to me and walked up to me.

Hello Mrs Rhodes.. I'm sorry for your son " I turned to her trying to dry my tears..

How dare you show up here and have the audacity to feel sorry!?! You who did this to him " I was frozen when she said those words !?!

What are you talking bout !?! This is non sense ... Your son was the one driving and he was also the one who was cheating on me " I got angry and started to tremble ..

YOUR THE ONE WHO WAS SHOUTING AT HIM while he was driving ... So stop acting all innocent !!! You should've been the one we burying today .. NOT MY DAMN SON!! " after those words I wanted to slap her .. How could she !?!

How dare you stand here and telling not me of this !?! IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU SON .. MY BABY WOULD'VE BEEN 3 Months By Now " I shouted back at her ... When I said my baby she stopped and placed her hand on her mouth looking at me ..Sherika tried calming me but I wasn't going to let that old lady disrespect me like that..

Onika... I am sorr-

Hold it .. I have heard enough ..
I was pregnant and we were driving to tell you but UNFORTUNATELY UR IDIOT and ABUSIVE SON HAD TO DO SOME CRAZY SHIT .. NOT ONLY HE IS GONE BUT SO IS MY BABY." she slapped me ... I held my face there starring in her eyes ...

DONT YOU DARE CALLIN MY SON IDIOT... If he only had listened to me he wouldn't be here today...

The truth does hurt .. I was strong enough to stay with his crazy ass.. No matter how many times he would hit me , call me names and many other things ... But ur right he should've listened to you .. " those were the last thing I said before I asked Sherika to drop me home ...

Do you want me to come inside with you? " she asked me wen she pulled up at my front door ...

No thank you.. I'll be fine ... " I said hugging her..

Call me If you need anything " she pulled off ... As I nodded then walk inside ..

I took a deep breath and close the door behind ... I walked to the kitchen and saw a picture of me and chase at park while walking out dogs the first time we met ... Tears started to roll down my face .. I got angry and threw the picture across the room and it broke .. I went to the bathroom .. Saw my reflection in the mirror .. I cried a lil bit more then started to wash off my face ..I felt so guilty for what happened ... I was in the middle of washing my face when my phone ranged ... I walked to the kitchen and saw it was my mother...

Onika!?! " she said all worried

Mother..what is it !?

I heard what happened with ur mother in law ..

She is not my mother in law mom .. At least not anymore " I said drying my hands...

Why didn't you tell me !?!

About what !?!

My grandson " when she said that I felt tears drop

I was planning to fly over to tell you next weeken.. But I don't see the point anymore

I'm sorry baby ... Well Am heading to the hospit-

WHAT!?IS EVERYTHING OKAY !?!

Ya.. Yea.. Everything is fine ... It's your cousin Nicholas ..

What about him !?! What happened !??

He got in a fight and he got shoot " once she said those word .. It felt like the room around me was spinning .. I couldn't see anything no more ..
Onika !?! Onika !?! U still here !?!

Ya.. Mom I'll call you later " I hanged up and drop my phone went to my room and turned on the bathtub and got in ... I started crying ... And feeling so Quilty for everything ..