Even though the wounds will heal the scars will remain ~D.Gray-Man~ Ch.4

"An underground path?" Yu and I asked. Allen was still taking care of the Level Two, and me and Yu were trying to find a place to hide.

"To protect from the sunlight, there's an underground district below the city. It's like a maze, so if someone goes in without knowing their way around, They'll get lost," the girl explained, "But there's an exit that leads us through the cliffs and out to the sea. The beast called "Akuma" can fly... I thinks it's best that we stay underground," Yu looked at the girl and we stopped.

*RING! RING!*  I looked at Yu and a golem came out of Yu's coat. I put the girl down, but still held on her.

"Oh, it's Toma. How are things there?" Yu asked. The golem went in front of Yu, making it easier to talk too. I wasn't listening, because I was taking care of the girl and the man after Yu put him down. I looked at the girl and smiled at her.

"What's your name?" I asked. She looked at me and than looked at the man.

"M-My name is Lala, and this is Guzoru," she replied.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yume Lee," I smiled at her and Guzoru.

"Alright, we're gonna go underground, but do you know the path?" Yu asked.

"I do..." Guzoru answered.

"Guzoru," Lala said in concern. I looked at them and saw Guzoru take off his hat, reavealing his face. It wasn't pretty.

"I... have been living here for 500 years, there's no path I don't know," he said. Yu looked at him and saw his face, and his reaction was between shocking and surprised.

"Hehe...Ugly, eh...?" Guzoru asked.

"You're the doll? It's amazing that you can talk," Yu said.

"Yes... You guys came here to take my heart, right?" he asked.

"If it's possible, I want it now," Yu demanded.

"Yu, if we take it now, the Akuma will search for us and most likely kill us," I said.

"We don't need the trouble of carrying a big doll with us the entire way," Yu replied.

"Yu! If we take the Innocence than we won't know the path underground!!" I shouted at him, "We have to keep him alive until the Akuma is gone, also this girl," I stood in front of Lala and Guzoru, protecting them.

"And who is this girl?" Yu asked, and I started thinking that Yu might like this girl, more than me.

"Her name is-"

"I'm Mr. Guzoru's-"

"She was just an abandoned kid...!! *Cough*.... I found her.... So I adopted... her..!!" Guzoru cut Lala off, who cut me off. Lala looked back at Guzoru, who was coughing from a sickness. Dolls don't get sick, so he must be acting like the doll, so that means that Lala is the doll instead. He's trying to protect her from Akuma and us, possibly. I grabbed Yu's hand and smiled slighty.

"Sir Kanda, Miss Yume," Toma said. Yu let go of my hand and turned towards the finder. I sighed and faced the finder too. Yu turned back to Lala and Guzoru.

"I'm sorry but we can't back off now. Also, we can't let your heart fall into the hands of the Akuma," Yu stated.

"So you can keep your heart," I said and looked at the sky.

"But in the end, we're still gonna take it," Yu added coldly, "Sorry fo dragging you into this," he said to Lala, kindly but still a little cold. The finder was standing in front of me, holding out his hands with pebbles of dirt, or something.