~ Chapter Two ~

Shizuo's POV~

 I had a lot of time to think while Izaya was in his week long coma. I would lay in bed for hours, staring at the ceiling and thinking about why I'd ever even considered saving the flea. He'd been a pain in my side since high school. Was it because, besides my younger brother, he was the only person who had never feared me? He showed no hesitation to purposely piss me off just for fun. But at the same time, it was more like a game for both of us. I never truly hated him. I wasn't capable of it. Then it hit me. I swallowed nervously. 'Well, shit...I'm in love with Izaya...'

I was doing my usual job as Tom's bodyguard, when I noticed Izaya walking our way. My first instinct was to run over and see if he was alright, but I restrained myself. He smirked as he saw me, walking closer. I watched him, wondering what he was planning to do. Tom was watching me as well, a confused expression on his face. Usually, I would have either thrown a heavy object at him (an example being a vending machine) or swung a sign post in an attempt to hit him.

Instead, I anxiously watched him. I didn't want to hurt him, but I didn't want him to know I saved him either. Contradictions filled my mind as he reached me. "I'm impressed, Shizu-chan! You're containing your anger for once!" He smiled at me, but the mischievous glint remained in his cold, red-tinted eyes. I couldn't help but become mesmerized by those eyes of his. The ravenette seemed to notice this and pretended to pout. "Doesn't Shizu-chan wish to play today?" He sighed dramatically before smiling coldly again. "That's fine. I needed to talk to you anyway!" He grabbed my arm and began dragging me away.

Tom shook his head. "I'll be fine. Plus, I don't think I want to know." He turned and went his way. 'Thanks for the help, Tom...' I thought. Once we reached the park, Izaya turned and stood in front of me with his arms crossed, and a serious look on his face. His usual guard was dropped. With a deep breath, he said, "I know you saved me, Shizuo."  

Izaya's POV~

 I took a deep breath and said, "I know you saved me, Shizuo." I saw his eyes widen slightly, then he sighed. "So, you found out after all, huh?" he said nonchalantly. I furrowed my eyebrows in agitation. "Why? Why would you do that? You hate me remember?!" Then Shizuo started to laugh. He smiled at me. "Hate you? No. Quite the opposite..." He trailed off, suddenly becoming nervous. I was confused by this. 'Opposite...?' I thought. "Wh-What do you mean...?"

"I love you."

"I love you." Shizuo said. Our eyes met for a brief moment, red-brown to hazel. I turned a bright red as the blonde smiled sheepishly. "I have for a long time. I'm an idiot, making you wait so long." I started wondering if he could read my mind. I had lost count of the amount of times I had imagined this scene, and how it would play in reality. There was no way to keep track of the amount of times I had hoped that he was the one who had saved me.

And yet, here we were, standing in our favorite park just after dark. I couldn't help it. The most pure, sincere smile I had ever shown lit up my entire face. I could feel a few tears trace my cheeks which he quickly brushed away. Shizuo seemed confused for a few seconds, asking, "Are you alright?"

I nodded, too happy to say anything, in fear that I might sound ridiculous. Shizuo just smiled and kissed me. It wasn't a lustful kiss, but it was just as passionate. When the kiss broke, I smiled up at my ex-rival. At my lover. The feeling that came with my next words was a foreign one, but welcome all the same. "I love you too, Shizuo."

[ Sorry this was short! I will update soon! ]