Chapter 1

Prologue

This is a story about love. Not how They fell in love. Because with a soul-mate, you don't fall in love. It's just like breathing. It's in you to love them. No. This is a story about how there love saved us.

She was the last Water Bender, in her world known as Aqua Awamin. She's the child of the Awamin prophecy. She just didn't know about the Awamin world. Who knew others had the same powers? Until He came along. Fire Bender. Incendia Awamin. Her Erosi. Her Devil. 

Water is the element of Change. Calm. Wise. Soothing. 

Fire is about Passion. Temper. Love. Life. Hurt.

They complete each other.  They balance each other out.. His lifetime of hurt and anger nursed. Her narrow mind opened. He learns to accept. She learns to see. They learn to dream their lives every day, and to live everyday like the last.

She was betrayed by someone who was supposed to be dead. And that person wants her and him dead. Along with the rest of the world. 

Chapter 1

 I parked my car in front on my best friend J's house, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, humming softly. My hood was down, and J jumped in. Literally. I smiled softly.

-Good morning J." She smiled her goofy smile at me.

-Hey Ice."  J gave me that nickname at the beginning of Freshman year, when we became best friends. "Oh, I forgot my Biology book. Coming back!" She jumped out of the car.

At school, they would call me Ice Queen. I've always been calm, always will be. When I was mad, it was ice cold. It did fit me. 

J is my opposite, loud, hyper, temperamental, and violent. She is short, her blond hair had neon green streaks in them. Her eyes are a warm chocolate color. She is always dressed in flowery dresses, and cowboy boots. Today, the boots were tan, the dress white with red and pink flowers.

I, on the other hand, have blue eyes. Dark blue, green blue, midnight blue, electric blue, ice blue, depends on my mood. I have a slightly tanned skin, but I still am pale. My hair is a chestnut color, and falls in waves to my waist. I have a simple fashion style, always in skinnies, tank tops, T-shirts, hoodies, boots and Converse. Most of my clothes are dark colors, or soft greys, browns. I live with my foster mom, who has a heart the size of Earth. I never knew my real parents. I know one thing though. If they loved me, the would want me to live happily. If they didn't, I wouldn't let them ruin my life. So I don't ask myself questions.

J came hopping back in. We had very different tastes in music, so we would go to school mostly talking.

-Did you hear? A new guy is like here, and I know there is like someone new every year, but I heard this guy was hotter than Hell itself." I looked at her, mildly amused by her bubbly personality. She uses the word 'like' everywhere. 

She continued babbling about this hot guy she met at the beach. I just shook my head, a smile on my lips. J knew everything about me. Well except on tiny detail. But it isn't like I could come out like, 'J, I have this secret. I can control water.' I don't think it would flow. 

-Ice, since your like, you know, the most popular person in this school, and everybody but the sluts love you, don't you you think you'll like have to show the eye candy around? I mean you do it every year! You are so lucky, Ice!"  I frowned.

-Yes, I guess so." I didn't particularly enjoy my status in Mellark High. I didn't do anything about it really. But I thought the attention was too much. Especially from the jocks. They didn't try anything, because last time someone tried, it didn't end up well. But I heard them talking about me, and I honestly did not like it.