chapter 4

bailey's pov;

      The smell of chocolate chip cookies filled the air.

      Mom was making cookies for Adam when he came over.

      His parents never came over because they don't like us. Adam always has to come over here to hang out with Charlie.

The doorbell rang.

       I sat on the couch while frosty the snowman was playing on the small tv in the the corner.

    Charlie and Adam soon walked into the room.

"Classic." Banks said laughing at the tv.

"It's Christmas don't judge." I said.

They sat down on the other couch.

"So I heard you and Banks were playing hockey together last night."  Charlie said.

"Yeah so what?" I said.

"I don't like you two being alone together." He said.

"C'mon Charlie are you being serious right now."  I said hiding my flushing face.

"Yeah I am. I'm worried about my sister." He said.

I looked at Adam who was looking at me.

"Charlie he's just teaching me how to play hockey, that's it." I said.

"Fine but if my sister comes home pregnant one night, you are dead meat Banks." He said looking at Adam.

"Don't worry Charlie I would never hurt her." He said looking at me.

I smiled to myself and looked away.

;

I later found myself sitting around the dining room table eating dinner with Charlie, Adam and mom.

"That was good Mrs. Conway." Adam said putting his fork down on his plate.

"Thank you Adam honey." She said smiling.

"Yeah that was good mom." I said.

We cleaned up everything and ended outside walking around.

"So you sleeping over Banksie?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'd rather be at your place than mine."

"Why?" I said curiously.

I looked over at Charlie who looked like he already knew the answer.

"Just my dad and me don't really get along well and ever since I became a duck things have gotten worse." He said looking at the ground.

Me and Charlie stopped walking and looked at each other then we ran over to Banks and tackled him in a hug.

"We are here for you cake-eater." I said laying my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah you can come to us for anything." Charlie said muffled due to the fact that his head was buried in Adams chest.

Adam laughed and wrapped his arms around us.

"I love you guys." He said.

I pulled away and looked at them. It was cute bro moment. I should've took a picture.

They pulled away and did their guy handshake thing.

"We should be heading back it's getting late and mom is gonna be mad." I said.

"Yeah your right." Charlie said.

We walked back to the house in a comfortable silence.

When we got back to the house mom was already asleep. The three of us walked up the stairs quietly.

"See you guys in the morning." I said.

"Yeah, night." Charlie said.

The three of us parted our ways and went into each of the bedrooms. Adam went in with Charlie.

I closed my door behind me and changed into sweatpants and a t shirt. I put my hair up in a messy bun and climbed into bed under the covers.

I couldn't fall asleep.

I laid there for awhile before I looked at the time. I looked over at my alarm clock.

11:05 pm

I got up and went down to the kitchen table to get a drink of water.

I filled up the glass and walked over to the window looking out to the backyard. It was snowing.

"Couldn't sleep?" A voice said from behind me.

      I turned around and looked at Adam who was walking towards me. He stopped when he got next to me.

"No I couldn't." I said.

"Me too." He said simply.

We just stood there for awhile in silence watching the snow fall.

When I looked over at Adam I found that he was already looking at me.

"You know, we are under a mistletoe." He said looking up and the one hanging above the window.

I totally forgot that was there.

Damn it mom.

"So I guess that means I get to kiss you." He said walking closer to me.

He put his hands on my waist and was so close I could feel his breath one my face.

My legs felt weak from his touch.

"Yeah I guess it does." I said barely above a whisper.

Next thing I knew, he was kissing me.

I kissed him back like my life depended on it. The kiss was soft and gentle and he tasted like peppermint.

We pulled away for air.

"Merry Christmas Bailey." He said.

He rested his forehead against mine.

"Merry Christmas Cake-Eater."