chapter 5

bailey's pov;

I woke up to a camera flash.

"Omg this is adorable." A voice squealed.

"I already told you mom, it's disgusting." Charlie groaned.

I opened my eyes as they adjusted to the light.

Mom had a big smile on her face and Charlie looked angry.

"What are you guys doing?" I said.

"What's going on?" A voice said from beneath me.

I jumped and fell off the couch in the process. I looked up at Adam who was now sitting up on the couch messing with his hair.

The whole scene from last night came back to me.

     My face flushed at the memory.

          "This is going on the refrigerator!" My mom said as the picture was coming out of the polaroid camera and walked into the kitchen.

      Charlie looked like he was gonna punch something.

"Why the hell were you two sleeping on the couch?" He said for us to only hear.

"God Charlie we couldn't sleep and came down and talked. We must've fell asleep." I said.

"That doesn't mean I wake up to you two all cuddled up together." He spat.

"Calm down it's not like we did anything. I would never do anything with him." I said.

       I looked over at Adam. He was looking at the ground not saying anything.

"Yeah." Adam said his voice sounding different than normal.

"Fine whatever just don't let it happen again." He said and walked into the kitchen.

     I looked over at who's eyes haven't left the ground.

    He finally looked up at me. His eyes were gray and emotionless.

"I'm sorry I kissed you, I'm sorry I slept with you, and I'm sorry I even tried to get to know you." He said getting and grabbing his coat.

"What?" I said following him.

He ignored me and put his jacket on.

"Maybe you should think about other people for a change." He spat.

"I do." I said.

"Yeah that's where you have it wrong."

       I grabbed his wrist and tried to pull him back but he was much stronger than me. He yanked his arm from my grip.

"Leave me alone Bailey." He said and slammed the door shut behind him as he walked out onto the bright Christmas morning.

Mom rushed into the room.

"Honey what was that? Where's Adam?" She said.

"He's gone." I said looking down.

"What do you mean he hasn't even had breakfast?" She said.

"He's gone Mom, he's gone." I said looking at the ground.