13. Per festeggiare o preoccuparti (To Celebrate or Worry)

"How did you manage to get your parents to agree to let you come here?" I ask Marissa, while we sit in chairs in my room as Eleonora and Giovanna start to style both of us, by starting with the hair first.

"It wasn't easy, I'll tell you that. I begged my parents for about a solid week, then your Aunt and Uncle talked it over with my parents, and now here I am." Marissa says, gesturing with her hands.

"At least now we get to celebrate our birthday's together and in style." I say as Eleonora finishes my hair.

"Both of you have the same birthday?" Eleonora asks as she starts to apply make-up to my face.

"Yeah, I'm a year older though." Marissa says as Giovanna finishes curling and pinning her hair.

"Interesting." Eleonora says as she continues to work on getting my make-up done.

"Che ne pensi?" Giovanna asks, as Marissa looks in the mirror.

"Perfetto." Marissa says smiling, once Giovanna gets the approval, she moves on to doing Marissa's makeup.

"Alright, Princess. What do you think?" Eleonora asks as she steps away from the mirror allowing me to see the work she has done.

I look in the mirror and the girl I am used to seeing in it has transformed into an almost unrecognizable Princess. My make-up is simple, but still bold enough to make a statement. My eye make-up is a little bit smoky with a blend of gold and brown shadow's. The eyeliner is sleek and winged to the edge of my eyes. Blush is a simple light pink color. And my lips are painted with a natural pinkish red color.

I turn my head to the side and see that my hair is up in an elegant bun.

"It all looks amazing. Thank you, Eleonora." I say.

"Che ne pensi?" Giovanna asks again as she finishes up with Marissa's make-up.

Marissa looks in the mirror, examining every inch of her face. When it comes to make-up, she is very particular and picky about how it has to be done. She looks back at Giovanna and smiles.

"Perfetto." Marissa says and her smile grows bigger.

Giovanna smiles and then nods.

"Mr. Marino had me practice walking in a pair of shoes last night." I say and Marissa looks at me with a confused expression.

"Why?" Marissa asks as she turns and looks at me.

"Because, I'm not allowed to wear my Converse tonight." I say and Marissa busts out laughing.

"Well, I'd imagine that you wouldn't wear your Converse tonight, since this is a fancy party." Marissa says as she tries to stop laughing.

I roll my eyes and shake my head at Marissa.

"So, what shoes did Mr. Marino have you practice in?" Marissa asks curiously.

"Louis Vuitton's." I say and watch Marissa's eyes nearly pop out of her head as I mention the designer name.

"You're joking right?" Marissa asks, as she closes her eyes and shakes her head, then reopens her eyes.

"I wish I was, but I never joke about shoes." I say, as I glance in the mirror and take a deep breath.

"You alright, Kat?" Marissa asks, as she notices something isn't right with me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Eleonora, can you please hand me the guest book, so I can hopefully memorize the majority of names and faces that will be at this party?" I ask, wanting to make sure I know all or mostly all of the people attending this over the top party.