(07) Sparks, Literally

SEVEN

When we get back to the mini-condo, I immediately take a slice of pizza from the fridge and place it in the microwave. Liam had taken a seat on the couch again, watching another stupid action movie.

I haul myself up on the counter and stare outside. It’s dark now, the snow-coated pine trees (which are the only things my sight could creep up on) now glowing a night-sky blue. Earlier it was just pure whiteness. I sigh. I wish I’m whiteness. Pure. Not confused whatsoever.

I don't know why I’m suddenly all . . . I don't know. I don't even understand what I'm thinking.

The way he had caught me before I fell, the way his arms slithered around me, is it really natural for him to be like that? Or maybe I'm just going insane.

I am going insane, I decide. Somehow I’ve know that one way or another this getting-trapped-inside-a-mall-with-Mr. Cocky thing would affect my mentality, one way or another. I turn to look at Liam, whose eyes are glued to the screen. Doesn't seem to be bugged by earlier events.

I am.

See? I'm just insane. That's that.

The ring of the microwave sounds, and I immediately bound from the counter top and land on my feet. My mouth instantly waters when the smell of tomatoes, onions, meat and a whole lot of awesomeness wafts through the air. I've only now realized that I haven't eaten lunch (although my breakfast from earlier could be classified as 'brunch').

The ultimate fact is, I’m hungry as hell.

I take the pizza out, not really minding the heat of it against my bare fingers, and bite. I moan softly, nibbling on the pizza like it’s the most precious thing in the world. It’s rough, awesome texture on my tongue? Heaven.

I’m making love with a pizza.

I wonder if making love with Liam i—

I start coughing, clutching my throat with my hands. Water, I need water. I drop the pizza on the counter and take a glass of water, downing it with a single shot.

It's official. I'm insane.

I mean, where in seven hells did that thought come from? It was so random and so . . . resenting. I can't believe such a thing came across my mind. Ew.

I’m absolutely ashamed.

"Are you okay?" Liam asks from the couch. I nod, casually damping my eyes with my hands to wipe off the unintentional moistness you'd get when you choke. When he doesn't say anything else, I could just imagine him shrugging, not really caring if I’m choking or whatever, and again gluing his eyes to the screen. I don't know why, but the thought pinches a string inside my chest.

Yup. I'm insane. And to think that it hasn't even been a full week. I would be stuck here for two. Fvck. I refuse to do the math.

After taking a huge breath of air, and deciding to burn that particularly disgusting thought from my mind, I again take the pizza and begin to eat as I sit on the chair. But the horrid burn of my throat irritates my tissues so it’s difficult to take in a breath without having the urge to cough again. Standing up, I scavenge for something to drink in the fridge; then I find a delicious bottle of pineapple juice. I grin. I love pineapples.

I return to my previous seat, munching on my pizza peacefully. I startle when a loud explosion blares across the room. I look at the screen and found Liam still watching that action movie from where I suppose the loud bang erupted from, and he looks amazed.