Glory Couple

Lucas' POV

I am getting ready for my anneversary date with Maya and I just keep thinking about Riley.
I just can't get her out of my head.
She is so beautiful and sweet and understanding but She is so hard to read. I never know what She is thinking and I actually lov-...I mean like that about her. And sometimes She would be with someone and She would just space out and get lost in thought and it is so adorable whe She does that. I want to be with her but I dont think She feels the same way anymore. I mean I know farkle said that She still loved me me in 8th grade 2 years ago but thats the thing, it was 2 freaking years ago and She mostlikely doesnt love or even like me like that anymore. And honestly that really bums me out. Maya is great and all but I always thought of her as the sister not Riley. When we kiss, I really dont feel anything. But in 7th grade when Riley cupped my face into her deligate little hands and put her lips on mine, just for that quick second, I only felt the two of us in the world.

Maya's POV

I am getting ready for the date and honestly I am not really that excited.
Lucas and I really dont have the relationship connection that I thought we had a few years ago. I liked him better when I was yelling at him and teasing him all the time. And I feel like he feels the same way.

Anyways, I am really happy that Riley is back but I really dont trust that Missy. I know that She is up to something and I am going to find out what.

Time passes

Maya's POV

I was in my room finishing up my outfit with some bracelets when I head the door. He's here. I opened the door and saw Lucas in a suit with flowers in his hand. "wow maya you look great" he said. "Thanks, you do too huckleberry". "Ready to go". He asked with a half smile. "Yep".

The gang doesnt know this but Lucas and I never actually stopped not talking to each other. Every time we are alone, we dont even look at each other. This has been going on for 2 years now. I guess we aren't the glory couple everyone thinks we are.

Few hours later

Lucas' POV

I'm walking maya back to her house and when we get to her door, I give her a quick kiss on the lips and tell her goodnight. The date was really awkward, like all of our other dates. I think we both know that we dont belong together. I just want to be with Riley. I don't even know why we're still dating. We can't even talk to each other. I miss Riley listening to my stories. Maya doesn't like my stories. Sometimes I feel like she only likes me when I'm Texas Lucas. Riley was my princess dancing sunshine. And I was her Mad Dawg. I need that. I miss that.
I need to hear voice. I took my phone out and clicked on her number then I see her profile picture for my contacts and all I could think was that Riley Matthews is the the definition of beauty. The phone started to ring and I heard her little voice "Hi Lucas" She said. "Hey Riley, what ya doing?" I asked casually. "The gang is here helping me get the stuff ready for the sleepover tomorrow...how was your date" she asked with a different tone in her voice. "It was ok" YOU LIE was all I could hear in my head. "Thats great...well we have to finish up so I'll just see you tomorrow ok" She said sounding disapointed for some reason. We said our goodbyes and all I wanted to do was scream I LOVE YOU RILEY MATTHEWS to her through the phone.

I WANT TO GET ALL UP ON THAT.

Oh my lord I sound like that d-bag Devlin. Maybe I should get some rest.

Short but sweet. Enjoy