Chapter 5

I take a walk back through the abandoned halls. Taking my time to look at the walls, its filled with graffiti. Drawings of wings, beautiful wings painted with blood. I can't imagine these wings belonging to such evil creatures. I think it difficult imagining what these angels look like, the only thing I can picture is wings because they are drew on the wall in front of me.

Giving up thinking, I head back to the room where Hayden and Isaac are.

Opening the door, I find the brothers in the room talking in hush voices but go quiet when I walk in.

Hayden smiles up at me. "Everything go okay?" I really like Hayden, it must be impossible for him to have a bad bone in his body. I nod and take a seat behind him and Isaac.

"We've been talking and we think Alice suits you well." Hayden tells me. Alice, I like it. "It's from a book that our Mum used to read Isaac and myself when we were young about a girl that enters a new world she knows nothing about."

"Yeah, that pretty much explains myself." I smile, I've only knew the brothers for not long but can feel myself starting to trust them already.

"So Alice." Isaac says. I like the way my new name sounds as he says it. "We are planning to stay here for a night sleep then pack up and head somewhere else tomorrow. Hayden and I want to know if you'll be joining us?"

"Yes if thats no bother with you two." I answer, there is no way I want to leave them. I don't have a idea what has happened in this world, hell, I don't even know who I am.

"Of course." Isaac smiles. "It'll be nice to have someone around other than this idiot." Pointing to Hayden.

"Same here buddy, you aren't the happiest guy to spend everyday with." He chuckles whilst reaching over to Isaac and puts him in a headlock "But I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my days with anyone else, I love my little bro."

Isaac breaks free from Hayden's hold and pushes him away. "Stop, you're embarrassing me in front of our new friend." He says in a sarcastic voice, I can't imagine Isaac ever being embarrassed, he seems too masculine.

Seeing them being so close and happy cracks my heart. A feeling of jealousy stings me that makes me feel guilty. Did I have something like this before?

"Where are we going after here?" I ask to stop the thoughts rushing through my mind.

"Will I explain it or do you want to?" Isaac asks Hayden but he tells him to go ahead. I think Isaac likes the sound of his own voice.

"There's a place a couple of miles from here that's suppose to be a place where other human like us that have went into hiding. We have met a couple of people when we are on the road that have been heading that way. I personally think that we have a better survival rate if we're in a bigger pack so we are going to find the last of the human resistance." Isaac sits back in his chair and smiles. "I think we could be happy there."

Taking this in, I nod, I like the idea that human haven't gave up yet, that the monsters haven't got rid of the full human population. There might still be hope for us.

"It's getting late, we'll leave you to sleep. Its been a hard day for you so you must be tired." Hayden gets up to leave then Isaac goes to follow but I stop them.

"Guys, thank you for saving me from that building. I would be dead if you didn't find me" I tell them and mean every word.

"Don't worry about it. Good night Alice." Isaac answers without hesitation and leaves the room.

"We'll be down the hall if you need us, just shout. Sleep well." Hayden says.

They leave the room leaving me with my head spinning. I move over to the bed thinking that I'll never get to sleep but when my head hits the pillow, I can't keep my eyes open a second longer.

Sleep welcomes me and I see blackness.