chapter four

Before I start this chapter, I wanted to thank you all so much for 1K! I'm so blessed! Also, be sure to go check out my new book, 'Mending Broken Hearts'!

•taylor•

"Ava, sweetheart, wake up." I cooed. "Ava? Ava."
"Hmmm." She groaned. "Wake up, sweet pea, we're here." I said. Ava sat up and unbuckled herself. I picked her up, and let her down gently. Calvin already took Grace down. "Alright, Ava. Remember everything I told you. You're going to be alone in a room with a very nice lady. She's going to ask you questions, and you have to tell her the truth for all of them. Don't be scared." I explained once more. Ava nodded, as we sat down in the waiting room chairs.
Today was Ava's first day of Children's Therapy. I was a nervous wreck. I didn't want to have to put Ava through this, but her nightmares are only getting worse.
"Ava Wiles?" Someone called. "Alright, love. It's your turn to go. I love you sweetie." I said, engulfing her in a hug. "I love you too mommy. I promise I'll do my best." She vowed. "Alright sweetheart." I said.

"I love you daddy." She said, giving Adam a hug and a kiss. (A/N: I'm going to start calling Calvin Adam. If you didn't know, that's his real name.) "I love you more." He said. Ava skipped away with the therapist and into a room.

Just like that, I burst into tears. "Oh, Taylor, please don't cry. This is for the best." Adam said, rubbing my back. "Yeah mommy. Don't cry. I don't like it when you're sad." Grace said. I motioned for her to come sit in my lap. "Mommy, I'm hungry." She complained. This made sense. We were running late for the appointment, so I let the girls eat bananas in the car. It's almost 12.
"Tell you what, do you wanna go to Starbucks and get some food for everyone?" I offered, Grace was hungry, Ava probably was too. There was a Starbucks down the road, we could probably just pick up something from there. Grace nodded her head vigorously.

"Alright then, we'll be back in 10 minutes."

••
"Mommy, I want the chocolate bread and orange juice." Grace whined. That meant she wanted a chocolate chip croissant. "You sure baby? I don't think that'll be enough for you." I said. "I want a sammich too momma." She said.
"Hi, welcome to Starbucks how may I help you?" The barista asked. "Hi, I'll take two chocolate chip croissants, four bacon and gouda sandwiches, two grande lattes with soy milk, and 1 grande chocolate chip frappe." I said. "Alright, you're total is $19.89." The barista said. What a coincidence. I handed her my Starbucks card, she rang it up, then gave it back to me. "Alright Gracie, c'mon. Let's go wait for the food and drink."
The barista put all of our food in a bag, and our drinks in a tray. "Thank you!" I said. "Okay Grace, you wanna hold the bag?" I asked. Her face lit up as she nodded her head. "Here you go!" I said handing it to her, then, just as I picked up the tray, Adam called.

"Hey Tay. The appointment finished. Should we just meet you at Starbucks?" He asked. "Yeah sure."
"Alright Tay, I'll see you in two minutes. Love you."
"Love you too. Bye." I said hanging up the phone. "Okay Gracie, how about we go sit at the table over there?" I asked. "Okay mommy." She said walking over and setting the bag on top of the table. I set the tray down, and divided the chocolate frappe in half for Ava and Grace.
"Mommy!" Ava exclaimed running in to the store. "Hey baby? How was it?"
"It was good. You were right, the lady was really nice. She gave me a sticker!" She exclaimed. "That's awesome!"

"She gave me one for Grace too!" The said, sitting in the chair next to Grace, and giving her the sticker. "Yay!" Grace said. I'm just glad that her first therapy appointment went okay.

••
Hey guys. Sorry, this chapter was kind of boring, I know. It'll get better, I promise. I have some great ideas for upcoming chapters. Thank you all SO SO much for 1K! I can't wait to see where we take this book! Once again, be sure to go check out my new book, 'Mending Broken Hearts'! Cover page is up there^^go check it out!
stay beautiful
chloe