☀️Chapter 1: A New Guardian☀️

Bliss's POV

It was snowing in Burgess today, so I decided to go meet CeCe (Cassie). I put on my yellow hoodie and I flew to her house, the wind whipping my face as I screamed out cheers and yells. I landed softly on the snow and looked up at CeCe's house. It was a nice house, not too big and not too small. She was a sweet girl with ginger hair and intense, green eyes. I flew up to her bedroom window to see her still sleeping. I laughed and remembered that it was Snow Day today, according to the kids and CeCe of Burgess. So, I decided to wake her up the Bliss way. I gathered up two snowballs in my hands and flew up to her window. Her window was cracked open for me to come in whenever I wanted to, so I slipped in. I quietly walked in and went towards her bed, where she lay peacefully asleep. Well, that was going to change.

I smirked and stood back a little bit to get a better aim. I walked to the middle of the room and balled my fist with the snow in and shot it. I shot the other one right after. They both hit CeCe's face, making her scream from the coldness and wetness and wake up. I laughed my butt off, some tears falling out as I lay on the floor. CeCe glared at me from the bed, but I could tell she was trying to hide her smile. "It's on, Joy." She said, using my last name.

"Show me your best, Cole." I challenged and she giggled at me.

"Oh, I will... as soon as I get ready." She finished, making me laugh at her weirdness. I flew out the window, letting her get ready and stood outside, playing with the snow. With my back turned to the house, what I didn't realize was that CeCe was right behind me. I felt a snowball hit the back of my head and I froze, turning around to CeCe.

She gave me an innocent smile and I said, "Let's do this!" She laughed and we started throwing snowballs at each other and having a great time. When we were out of breath, I sat down on her porch, CeCe doing the same.

"Bliss?" CeCe asked.

"Hmm." I replied.

"Can I tell you something?" She asked and I nodded.

"Sure." I said.

"Okay, I'll tell you, but you have to keep it a promise. Okay?" She asked.

"Okay. Pinkie-promise." I said and she laughing at how childish I was.

"Pinkie-promise." She replied and we linked our pinkie's together. "Okay, so you see, there's this boy that I may or may not have a crush on."

I squealed, turning to face her with wide eyes and a huge grin on my face. "Who? What's his name? What does he look like? How old is he? Is he cute? Do you really like him? OMG, I can't believe it, CeCe's gro--" I was cut off by my rant by CeCe.

"Um, yeah, you may wanna slow down." She said and I blushed a deep red, but giggled. "And, his name is Jamie Bennett, he has brown hair with light brown eyes, he is ten years old, he's really cute and yes, I actually do like him." Somehow, she had managed to answer all of my questions.

"Where does he live?" I ask in curiosity.

"Just opposite my house, two doors away to the left." She answered, motioning to the house. I hummed and looked up at the sky. I suddenly noticed the aurora borealis in the sky and my eyes widened.

"Oh, CeCe. I'm so sorry, but North is calling for an emergency." I said, pointing to the sky. And yes, she knows about the rest of the Guardians.

CeCe's face fell, but looked back up. "It's okay. It has to be an important emergency, since Santa's calling." She said and I smiled.

"Are you sure? Because I feel so bad." I said.

"It's okay, Bliss. I'll be fine." She said and I smiled at her and waved goodbye, as she also waved bye back. I flew all the way to the North Pole and went to where the rest of the Guardians were.