Chapter 4

Evie put her hands up in protest.

"Okay, so the night of the party my mother's raven, Diablo--who'd been turned to stone by the three so called "good-fairies" twenty years ago came back to life. And Diablo swears he saw the Dragon's Eye, my mother's scepter, spark to life as well." 

Carlos stared at her and no one spoke for a while.

"But that would mean..." I said as Carlos blinked rapidly as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Magic! That magic has been in the dome even if for a second!" Jay said excitedly.

"So that one second of magic, must have been just enough to bring that scepter back to life," Carlos said.

"Yes," Mal spoke now, "Diablo swears it true. And so now my mother has tasked me with getting the Dragon's Eye back. Just in case it happens again. The magic returning, so that way this time. She'll be ready."

Jay coughed. "So um.. we should get on the road, Mal, before it's too late."

"Wait a minute, before we go. I wanna see this box of his." Mal said and I agreed silently.

"Alright. Let me go get it," He said reluctantly and I stepped up.

"Can I come? Thanks." I said following him. As he started toward his mother's closet I grabbed his hand seeing him blush and knew I was as well.

"S-So why'd you wanna come?" Carlos asked and I smirked, "Wanted to spend some alone time with my babe."

"Y-Your babe?" He stuttered and I nodded scooting closer as we went into the dark, trap filled closet. Once we made it to a small cupboard that probably led to his room.

"So wheres your room?" I asked not spotting any other doors than the one we came through.

Carlos turned beet red, "T-This is m-my room..." He mumbled and I blushed.

"I-I'm sorry! Of course it's your room! I mean it's lovely and so....uncluttered and.....simple! Really lovely choice I would chose this over my room any day! Maybe you could help me redecorate my room sometime? hehe..." I rambled and he grabbed my shoulders squeezing them before seeming to realize what he was doing and blushed sliding his hands down my arms before dropping them to his side. He turned to get his machine and I felt guilty over how spoiled my lifestyle seemed compared to his own. I remembered suddenly about the pillow and got a great idea.

"H-How about I bring you over some bedding or something from the castle? I'm sure you'd love it." I offered, but felt my smile fall at his angry look.

"I don't need your pity alright! I'm fine without it!" He snapped and my heart broke a little as I took a step back, bowing my head. I didn't think he'd had this kind of side to him. Without hesitating I turned and headed back out of the closet, slightly heartbroken.

He didn't call out for me or follow me like I had hoped which made my heart feel even heavier. A few minutes later Carlos came out with his machine and not long after we we're off on our quest. Despite my former interest in discovering about the breach and Maleficent's staff reawakening, the more I watched Carlos and Evie talk, the more I wanted to go back to my castle and wallow in self-pity.