Chapter 10 (Emily's P.O.V)

As we scanned the room for something useful to use against Jai, I asked Lacy,

"Hey Lac,"

"Ya," she said.

"Do you still have your backpack with you?" I asked.

"Yes, I never go anywhere without it."

"Where is it?" I asked her.

"Under the bed," said Lacy.

"Get it out," I said.

"Why?" she asked me.

"Just do it!!!" I said.

So Lacy reached under the bed and got her small, but durable backpack.

"What do you need it for?" she asked.

"I just need it." 

So I took the backpack from her and dumped it all out on the bed. I fumbled through the items until I finally found what I was looking for, a yellow tennis ball.

"Hey!" exclaimed Lacy," you can't take my lucky tennis ball. It's the only one I use for my tennis matches."

"Sorry," I said, " I'll buy you a new one."

"But it won't be the same," whined Lacy.

"Well would you rather me use it to calm down Jaidon, or we both get ripped to pieces?" I asked her.

"Wellllll," said Lacy.

I quickly hit her right arm and she said,

"Ok, ok fine. You can use it."

As soon as we were about to turn around, we heard a growling form behind us.

"Ok," I said, "just take the ball and lead him down stairs."

" I'll try," Lacy said nervously.

So I quickly tossed Lacy the ball and she turned to face Jaidon. Afraid of what might happen, Lacy put her hand out in front of her to show Jaidon the ball. As soon as he saw it, the red anger in his eyes slowly faded back to blue. When he finally returned back to his playful wolf self, we led him downstairs to the backyard. When we finally got close to the woods, Lacy put back her arm and threw the ball as far into the woods as she could. As soon as the ball left her fingertips, Jaidon started to run after it. When he was finally out of sight, I grabbed Lacy by the arm and started to drag her back to the car. When we finally got in and started to drive away, we could see him the in side-view mirror, looking sad and lonely.