School

6:00 AM RIIIIIIIIIIIIING. I rolled over to stop my alarm because I knew that if I left it for too long “dad” might wake up. I usually try and avoid him in the mornings even if it means waiting for him to go to work and being late for school. Lucky for me he wasn't awake yet so I could shower and get dressed in under 10 minutes I grabbed a slice of hard toast made last night to save time and was about to sit down to eat when I heard “dad's” footsteps. I shot up and ran as fast as I could out my front door and down my block stairs. I could hear him shouting after me but I ignored him stuffing the last of the toast in my mouth.

2 hours later after 3 buses and 4 different trains I was at the school gates. I considered walking away right then when I heard my best friend Elvis calling my name and decided to brave it. In movie's the unpopular kids are geniuses and the popular kids have friends but in real life I have nothing but one friend who is in none of my classes. I am bottom of all my classes, all of my teachers hate me and all of the class act like I'm invisible. Basically, school is almost as bad as home.

I was walking to my first lesson when she walked past. April Hyde. The most beautiful girl in the ENTIRE school. Her blonde curls fell perfectly on to her shoulders. She was wearing a loose dress that fell perfectly over the curves in her body. Even without make up she looked like a Greek goddess with her tan skin and emerald green eyes. It took all of my strength not to stare at her in awe. I caught her looking at me out of the corner of my eye and turned around. “Hey Jack,” She said with her voice as smooth as silk as she smiled nervously in my direction. I tried to say something back but it felt as if the words were almost blocking my throat until I could hardly breathe. I could feel my face turning red. “Umm... bye then?” April said sounding confused. I turned around to notice that Elvis was watching the whole time. “Smooth moves dude,” Elvis sniggered. “It's not funny,” I said glaring at him. Suddenly the 2nd bell rang for class. I sprinted as fast as I could because I have never been late and I wasn't going to start now because if “dad” got a call from school he would KILL ME!