Day 2 - Part 1

*Levi's POV

     I opened my eyes and I didn't remember where I was. I sat straight up and then everything from yesterday hit me. I was in Lea's house. I had fallen asleep? I threw off the blanket that was covering me and wondered how it got there.
      "Hey sleepyhead."
     I jump and spin around toward the voice. It was Lea with her backpack around her shoulder.
      "Hey yourself. Good morning beautiful."
     I notice she blushes and quickly looks down to hide it from me but I catch it anyway. I get up and go up to her. She slowly backs away every step I take toward her.
     "What's wrong Lea?"
     "Nothing but it's almost time, we have to get to school. I'm giving you a ride since yours got trashed." she said in an obvious tone.
     Shoot. I forgot about school. I back up and grabbed my backpack. Then I smell something really disgusting. I smell my hoodie and realize it's me.
     "Lea, do u have any extra clothes or deodorant I can borrow." I ask shyly rubbing my neck.
     She looks up at me and thinks then a sad look crosses her face.
     "I have just the thing hold on."
     She runs upstairs and I wonder what's up.
     She comes back down with a pair of khakis pants and a blue polo shirt, which is also the same color as her halter top. I only know these things because of my little cousin. She taught me everything. A little too much everything if you ask me.
     "The bathroom is down the hall, second door on the right."
     I jog quickly to the bathroom and slip out of my nasty clothes and change into the clothes she gave me. I go back outside to see Lea waiting by the door.
     "Lea, may I ask? Who's clothes are these?" I say with pure curiosity.
     The sad look in her eye is back and she zoned out.
     "They are my late father's clothes," she said it simply and without emotion.
     "Late?"
     "He died 4 years ago in a fiery car crash. He went to the hospital and died 2 days later," a rogue tear fell down her cheek.
     Without thinking at all I hugged her with all the compassion and sympathy I had. I just wanted to see her smile again. She crumpled in my arms and began to cry a lot more.
     "I miss him so much. You better not tell anyone about this or I will have your head," she said as she wiped stray tears from her face.
     "I won't tell a soul. Come on we have to get to school."
<><><><><><><><><><><><
*Lea's POV

     I can't believe I broke down in front of Levi. Of all the people and of any time.
     When I was in his arms, the clothes he was wearing smelled like my dad which made me cry even harder.

*Flashback
(the day he died)

     "Lea you have to promise me something," my dad said while he creased my cheek.
     "Anything dad. Anything in the world," I said tears streaming down my eyes.
     "As you know I don't have long," he chuckled.
     Even on his deathbed my father still had his sense of humor.
      "Lea, please work as hard as you can in school. Always do your best and never give up. Don't be afraid to love and be free. Do what you want to do," he said with a smile.
     "I promise."
     "I love you guys. Take care of your mother and Cal, Lea," he said like he was at peace.
     His hand fell from my face and the machine monitoring his heartbeat flatlined.
     I wept for days. I was determined to keep my promise to my dad.

*Present day

     I walked into first period and saw Connor. The events of yesterday flooded through me and I remembered everything. I blushed and took my seat next to him.
    "Good Morning Lea."
     I smiled and tried to get over what happened this morning at my house.
     "Good morning Connor," as I say that I start setting out my stuff then all of a sudden Connor kissed my cheek.
     "Are you ok Lea? Your eyes are red."
     I looked down so he couldn't see anymore.
     "I'm fine. I just stayed up really late studying," I said with a smile though I didn't reach my eyes.
     "By the way, that's why I kissed you. I thought it would make you feel better," he said with a beaming smile.
     I am thankful for Connor. I wonder would it would've like if some other girl found Connor instead of me.
     "Thank you Connor. I think next time though I would prefer a hug."
     Connor blushed this time and it probably dawned on him how forward he was.
      I laughed and my day when on as if nothing happened.
*******************************
Hey guys. This is kind of a tear jerker around the part of Lea's dad's death. Anyway this is a shorter chapter. Hope you like it.
Bye for now.
[chloe]