Eighteen

I'm alive! Holy shit I'm alive! This is impossible I was shot. I should be dead. I'm still in the dark room tied to the chair. I look down at my stomach and I see a large purple black spot almost in the middle of my stomach.

"Good you're finally awake." He says with a sick smile. I cringe and avoid looking him in the eyes. Then I feel the absence. I can't fee Theo at all.

"What did you do to Theo?" I ask. If he hurt him I'll kill him.

"Nothing I just killed you destroying the mark and then I brought you back." He says with a shrug. Brought me back? He brought me back to life. What the hell that is impossible!

"Th-that's impossible!" I shout. I try and connect Theo or just feel him. He needs to know I'm okay. If my mark is destroyed Theo thinks I'm dead! This will kill him! Tears stream down my face and loud sobs escape from my mouth. I want Theo and Carter and Luke and my parents. I want to see Emma's baby and Logan's baby and Rebecca. But right now what I want most is Peter's head on a stake.

********************************************
Three months later: Theo POV

It's been almost two months since Lily died. Three of hell and grief. Two months of sleepless nights due to dreams about her. Carter barley talks to anyone and Luke is a drunk angry mess. Me, I'm an alpha and I have a pack to run. I've had to grieve quietly and alone. The only time I truly broke down after I found out the news was at the funeral when we buried an empty casket. Most mated wolves go insane when their mates die but I'm keeping it together for Lily. I know she'd want me to be okay.

As I sit in my office discussing battle plans with Carter he suddenly asks me a question.

"How are you dealing with this?" He asks. From his tone I know he's talking about Lily.

"I have too." I reply coldly.

"Well if you want to take some time or something. I just... Lily was my best friend and now that's she's gone I'm barely holding on. I don't know how you're doing it but you don't have to suffer in silence." He explains. I want to yell and scream about how sucky this year has been. I lost my best friend and then only a few months later I lose my mate! I've lost the two people I truly cared about. I can't break down. I can't cry because I'll look weak and some monster like Peter or Weston will take my pack. I can't lose the pack Lily died protecting! As I'm thinking these depressing thoughts Jess, Emma's mate the future seer, runs in.

"Alpha I have something very important to tell
you." He says.

"And what is that?" I question.

"I don't think Lily is dead! I had a vision and I think I know where she is. I'm sorry it took me six weeks but all of my visions have been about other non-important things. And I..." Jess rambles which he has a tendency to do. MY MATE! Could she be alive? Our bond is gone and I saw the bullet hit her.

"WHERE IS SHE?" I growl.

"The Black Tree Pack's old pack house by the lake three hours west of here." Jess says. I call my best warriors and we depart immediately. I shouldn't get my hopes up for Lily being alive but if Peter is there then I can finally kill him like I've been dreaming. The Black Tree pack! I should have thought of that. The Black Tree pack was completely taken out by rogues six years ago and the area has been desolate ever since.

After a three hour drive I can see the pack house. Three wolves are guarding the door. Rogues. My men quietly take them out. Then we move inside killing rogues left and right. Then I get a scent I thought I never would again. Lily is here! I rush around following the scent to the basement where I see her. My beautiful mate.