~Chapter 5~

Austin smiled slightly as soon as he heard the question. Then he sighed. "I can't go. " He said. He stood up and looked down at her, sucking in both of his lips. "I'm sorry." He said after. Then he quickly ran out of the door. Ally's face dropped. "What?!" She yelled. She ran after Austin, grabbing his hand and turning around before he can get to the door. "Austin, why can't you go?" she asked, raising her voice and glaring at him.

He sighed, looking at her. "Ally, you just want to go because you feel bad for me. You don't actually love me. You just.." he sighed, rolling his eyes. "I just can't go. Sorry." He turned around and walked out the door. Ally's face dropped again. She didn't have a glare, she wasn't speaking. She was frozen. She didn't have an expression, just a scowl. 

The day of the prom finally came. Austin didn't come in for a few days. Trish and Ally were worried. Ally sighed and told Trish what happened. Trish sighed in relief. "I'm glad he's okay." She said. Trish left to go to her new job, but came back an hour later excitedly. "Are you ready to go to the prom?!" She said, smiling. 

Ally shook her head, looking down. "No." She looked up at Trish with a sad look. She had a lump in her throat. "Not without Austin." Trish sighed and sat next to Ally. "Ally, do you even love Austin? You just got out of a relationship. Are you sure you just like him? I don't think you /love/ him." Ally thought for a moment and agreed with Trish. "Yeah.. maybe it's just a crush." 

"Ally, just because you don't have a date doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. Please go with me?" Ally smiled and nodded. "Let's go." She stood up and walked in the closet which waas in the practice room. She changed into a bright blue, long dress. She walked out and got ready, doing her make up and hair.

When they finally got to the prom, Ally looked around for Austin- he wasn't there. She sighed and sat at the table as Trish and Dez slow danced. All of a sudden Austin sat next to her and smiled. "Hey." He said. Ally turned her head towards him and smiled. "Hey, Austin.." He stood up in front of her. "Care to dance?"

Ally nodded her hair and grabbed his hand, standing up. She wrapped her arms loosely around his neck as Austin wrapped his arms around her waist. They swayed side to side slowly. "I know you don't love me. But hey, I figured that a dance is a dance.. and when you get to dance with someone you love, you take the chance." Ally smiled at his words. She looked directly into his eyes. "I do love you, Austin." she said softly. Austin smiled and looked back into her eyes. Then they both started to lean in.