13.

Rosemary

"Why?" I looked up, Lucas standing in front of me. I admit, I was a bit terrified seeing his saddened expression.

"Why what?"

"Why...?"

"Lu, for God's sake. Spit. It. Out."

"Why am I not a banana?" Sigh.

"Seriously, I don't know?"

Lucas wrapped the lilac blanket around my shoulders, the one he gave me on my 'first day'. It still had the stains in it, but I didn't mind.

"Well, you should. Because, let me explain this to you. I read this once on the internet. Our genetic codes dictates that we are human, but. Yes, I know, there is a but too. But, we share around 50 to, uh, 60 percent of our DNA with a banana. Cool, huh?" He explained, pretty excitedly. He clapped his hands like a demented seal, but I didn't respond.

"Hey, Rose, what's up? Wasn't it funny?"

"No, I mean, that's not it. It's just that, no. Are you saying that some people
are 10 percent more banana than others?"

"I guess so?" He stammered, scooting away a bit.

"Hey, hey."

"Okay, I'll come back." Good boy.

"No, closer."

"How many centimeters closer?"

"Don't fool around, I am in a hugging mood." I snickered shamelessly, pulling him closer by his arm.

"Am not, you come here. I'm tired of having to scoot closer, let's meet in the middle!" Lucas said rather theatrically, tugging on the ends of my jeans.

"I am too knackered to scoot closer, look, I'm yawning." While faking a yawn, I pretended to sleep.

"Oh well," he began "if that's the case..." He pulled my body closer to his, my head perfectly fit in the space between his shoulder and neck. We automatically entangled our legs together and shared the blanket, falling into a wonderfully pleasant slumber.

I'd love to stay like this.

»

Took a break from writing since I was still pretty stuck with the flu and stuffy noses and puffy eyes but I feel better now. I do have a sore throat. Talking 'bout being ill, give my lovely friend Layla butterflytattoo some love, preferably a lot. And that's about it. Comment and vote for more Rucasy moments, bye x