Girl Meets Froyo and Knicks

Farkle's POV:
"I got 4 tickets to the Nicks, you and Smackle wanna double date with Maya and I?" Lucas asks.
"Thank you and I would accept if Smackle had any interest in any sport that wasn't intellectual" I reply.
"Why don't you go with Riley as friends then? After 15 minutes Maya usually falls asleep on my shoulder so I need people to talk to" Lucas says.
"If Riley agrees then yes" I answer.
"Ask me what?" Riley says with Maya linked to her arm.
"Well I was wondering if Farkle and Riley could come with us to the basketball game" Lucas said to Maya. "Great, my best friends on our date. Just.. great" Maya said.
"Let's pretend it was like the first time, they are on a fake date while we are on a real date" Lucas says.
"That sounds like a compromise. And I want to see the Nicks win since they've made a huge turing point lately" Riley says. I love it when she talks about basketball. "Uh, you ok there?" Maya asks me while snapping her fingers. "What?" I say.
"You dozed off, that's my job" Maya says.
"Oh, sorry was just thinking about random stuff" I lie. Why am I lying to them? Oh yes because I have a girlfriend and my feelings for Maya and Riley are platonic so I can't say what I'm thinking anymore.
"Yep, that's why you were looking in Riley's direction" Lucas says.
"She was in the way of Smackle coming in the hall" I lie again. I only said that because she's walking down the hall now. "Hi beloved" Smackle says to me. I kiss her on the cheek.
"On the cheek, yay!" Smackle said. "What? You guys haven't kissed kissed yet?" Riley asked us.
"We're working our way up" I say.
"I hope Maya and I get there soon" Lucas says. I could just hear 'Woos' but nobody is doing it.
"Keep dreaming, Huckleberry" Maya states. I could hear laughs. Creepy.
We're in English and guess what? Harper came along as well. YAY!
"Take Me Away by Susane Colasanti" Harper says. "What that?" Maya asks.
"A multi point of view book about three best friends. One is Rihanna, Ree, she is getting over an ex and seeking comfort in her best friends. One of them is Nicole, who also has an ex but likes her math teacher instead, she also has some traumatic experiences with her dad. The other is James, he has a girlfriend but has been feeling different toward Ree" Harper says.
"Maya please tell me this story is about you" Riley says to Maya.
"I don't like a 37 year old guy who wears sweats everyday so nope not me" Maya replies.
"My favorite character is Ree. She has no idea that her best friend is falling for her. Even though he shows signs of jealousy and always treats her like a princess. Until she finally got over her ex did she start to like James" Harper says. "You know what's a good book where the main character doesn't fall for the best friend? Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone" Riley says.
"Why, Riley! How could you possibly feel threaten by this? It's not like your guy best friend has shown signs of liking you. Right, Farkle?" Maya says.
"Um, yes! Smackle is my one and only" I answer.
"He didn't even know until they spent more time together alone" Harper says. "Oh really?" Lucas says while looking at me. "Yes. He only knew that he wanted to care of her and hurt anybody that would hurt her" Harper says.
"That sounds strangely familiar, huh Farkle?" Lucas asks me.
"It doesn't to me" I say nervously.
"What about you Riles?" Maya says.
"Finally a lesson not about our lives" Riley says exasperatedly.
After class when we go into the hallway, Riley's rebound comes and kisses her on the cheek. Riley fakes a smile.
"How much longer are we doing this?" Riley asks.
"Yes, how much longer?" I ask.
"Just until girls start to notice. Do you wanna hang out after school today? We could go get Froyo" Jake asks.
"Sure, but no funny business!" Riley says.
"I wouldn't dream of it. See ya later babe" Jake winks then leaves.
"I thought he would never leave" I murmur.
"What?" my friends ask me.
"Nothing" I say quickly.
Riley's POV:
We're at the Frozen Yogurt shop.
"So" I say.
"What?"
"Tell me about yourself"
"Why do want to know that?"
"I don't know maybe because this is a date"
He stays silent. I sigh.
"Fine" I finish. He rolls his eyes.
"I play guitar"
"What type of music?"
"A little everywhere"
"I sing a little"
"Oh really, princess?"
"What?"
"Making the conversation about you"
"What? Oh no I didn't mean to-" I stop when I see his smile.
"Jerk. I actually thought I was being mean" I say while hitting his shoulder.
He laughs.
"Hey, your fun to play with"
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah"
"Let's see how fun I am when I do this" I say then take his frozen yogurt and take a spoonful and eat it. I spit it out into my napkin. He laughs.
"What! Was! That!"
"Bacon flavored frozen yogurt, caramel
sauce, marshmallows and strawberries. And I think I added mint leaves" Jake says proudly.
"You have extremely weird taste in froyo"
"And you have weird tastes in dates"
"You know you just insulted yourself?"
"But seriously. A pretty, kind, sweet, smart, happy girl like you? Why would a girl like you want to go out with a guy who said he'll toss you away after a couple of dates?" Jake says. I stay silent.
He takes salt shaker and dangerously puts it above my froyo.
"If you don't tell me your froyo gets it!" he says then laughs evilly. I laugh.
"Okay okay! Leave my innocent
cookies n' cream froyo out of this!"
"So you gonna answer or not, princess?"
"Well, two years ago this new boy came around and I had a crush on him. We went on a date then just stayed friends until we were ready to date. Until last year when he started feeling feelings toward my best friend Maya. I gave them my blessing and now here we are"
I explain.
"So I'm your rebound?"
"Yes"
"What about now? You seem to be over the dude, yet your still here with me"
Jake asks then holds my hand.
"If you're insinuating its because I'm into you, surely you are mistaken" I say then bring my hands to my lap.
"I don't believe you"
"Why would it matter? You don't like me"
"Yeah your right. It doesn't matter"
"Good"
"Fine"
"Fine"
We stay silent.
"Awkward" we both say.
We look at each other nice and long until I stop and look at the time.
3:24 p.m.
"I should get going. I'm hanging out with my friends at a Knicks game"
I say then get up.
"You like the Knicks?" he asks.
"Favorite team"
"Mine too" he smiles.
I look down and half smile.
"I'll see you tomorrow" I say.
"See ya" he salutes.
I leave and go to Maya's apartment.
I go to her room and see her trying to decide what to wear.
"The blue blouse with white jeans looks good" I say.
"How was your rebound date?" she asks me.
"Honestly? Pretty good" I say.
She looks me over.
"What?"
"You like him!"
I scoff.
"No I don't!"
"Yuh huh"
"Nuh uh!"
"Yuh huh"
"Nuh uh!"
"Riles! I know you better than anyone else in the world! You like Jake!"
I sit down on her bed.
"I don't. He'll just leave when girls notice he's a complete package. Cute, funny, exciting. Loves the Knicks. He plays guitar for crying out loud!" I say.
Mays sits down next to me.
"Peaches. I didn't mean too"
"I know you didn't, Honey"
She gets ready while I think about what has happened over the last couple hours. We do our homework then leave for the subway.
Lucas's POV:
We're in the twenty fourth row in the middle section. It's the 2nd quarter of the game. Riley is screaming at the other team and Maya fell asleep a long time ago.
We're 77 and the Bulls are 92.
"COME ON THAT WAS AN ILLEGAL SHOT!" Riley screams. Time!
"Now they're gonna do the kiss cam!" I yell to Riley and Farkle.
"I thought that was for Baseball?" Farkle yelled to me.
"You thought wrong!" I yell. Two out of three people done. The camera is going and, oh my God! The screen shows Farkle and a 4 year old girl.
"Aw come on don't make him kiss a 4 year old!" the mom says.
"Yeah! Make him kiss the girl right next to him!" a guy a few rows back yells.
"No, we're not together!" Farkle yells.
"Yeah, he's got a girlfriend!" Riley yells.
"KISS" the whole stadium chants.
Riley looks at Farkle awkwardly and he looks back at her. She looks like she has an idea then grabs his face and kisses him! On the nose. The stadium boos them then moves on. Farkle blushes beets red. They both stay silent for the rest of the game. And all I can say is. KNICKS WOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!
Farkle's POV:
"Well this was an interesting fake date" I tell Riley.
"The whole stadium was like, 'KISS KISS KISS'" Lucas tells Maya on the subway.
"Then what?" Maya says.
"She kissed him on the NOSE!"
Lucas says.
"Nice save Riley!" Maya says.
"Yeah nice quick thinking" I say not smiling.
"Yeah, just didn't want to kiss so publicly you know? And Smackle would've hated me if I stole your first kiss"
"Well technically Riley your first kiss WAS with him" Maya states.
"Oh you mean in the auditorium when he thanked her for giving him confidence right?" Lucas asks.
"That doesn't count" me and Riley say.
"That was a chin kiss" Riley says.
"It seems like you've kissed everywhere but the lips" Maya teases.
They quit teasing us then I walk home alone. The whole time I was thinking
"Why did I want Riley to kiss me on the lips?"