Chapter Two

*Two Weeks Later*

Meredith's P.O.V

I was pulling into a parking space at Forks Hospital when I got a call from Derek. 

"Hey, Derek how are you?" I said answering. My tone was very formal.

"I heard you are meeting Dr.Cullen tonight for dinner." I gritted my teeth, why would he care?

"You heard right."

"Oh."

"What do you want Derek?" I said in an exasperated tone. he was silent. I heaved a sigh, and glared out my window.

"Want to come over later...?" He's joking right?

"Derek Go fuck yourself! You are the biggest Jerk I have ever met! Stay away from me!"

"I'm sorry." I hung up and pressed my forehead to the steering wheel. I looked up to see a man with bronze hair, and pale skin. He was beautiful. He was young, obviously maybe 18, barely 19 if that. He looked at me with a concerned look. I pictured myself punching Derek,and the stranger's mouth quirked to the side almost as if he was reading my mind. I got out and locked my door.

"Hello. This is Forks Hospital right?" I ask, the boy's eyes were soft, melting golden.

"Yes, this is Fork Hospital, may I ask why you are here? I've never seen you." His voice is velvet and he has perfect straight teeth.

"Um, well I am a doctor and I was offered by Carlisle and Esme Cullen to discuss some... things. Do you know them? And whats your name?"

"I do happen to know them, I'm Edward Cullen." I laugh softly I should have known, they have the same golden eyes and immortal beauty. He laughs with me and runs his hand threw his hair, "I can bring you to them." I nod, he extends his hand and I take it. His hand is freezing cold, but it's slightly comforting.

As we come in Edward stiffens, I look around in alarm but find nothing. We enter the lobby and there is a tall, tan man holding a girl on his shoulders. They are both laughing, at first I smile, but then I let my smile drop when I notice Edwards expression. His eyes were suddenly Black, filled with hate, and, hurt. I walk over to the couple and realize they are maybe 19 and 23.

"Hello, may I ask you to bring this," I gesture to them with a disgusted look on my face" outside?" The man shows teeth a great smile really,

"Sure, we just found out that Bella is pregnant!" I swear I hear a growl come out of Edward. As Edward came to my side in a very low terrifying voice Edward said,

"Jacob. Get . Out." punctuating every word. Jacob sensing a challenge said,

"What's wrong bloodsucker sad that I stole your girl." Edward tenses at the comment and said.

"Not now, Jacob." Bella stands tightly holding Jacob's hand. I walked up to Bella squared my shoulders and said,

 "It's time for you to leave." 

"Oh, are you his new bitch." Bella replied.  

"No but does that mean you were?" Meredith challenged back.

"Jacob let's go," the girl said walking away.

"Okay babe." Jacob said mockingly giving her a kiss on the cheek. I turned to Edward and said,

"What an asshole." In a low whisper Edward said "Yeah I know... how about we go see Carlisle." He said walking away.

"Ok," I said following him. We got to Carlisle's office and without knocking Edward just walked in. There was a note on his desk that Edward let me read that said