Chapter 4

Dedicated to paulsonxpeters for giving us inspiration to get back to writing this.

Meredith's P.O.V.

"Bullshit." I say immediately, "Vampires are not real!"

"Meredith, They are," Edward says in a slow, soft tone.

"Prove it!" He rolls his eyes and grabs a steel hand looking sculpture, hands it to me and my hand falls with its weight. He quickly takes it back, and crunches it in his hand. Steeldust falling out of his hand. My eyes widen in fear then, into amazement.

"How did you do that?" I asked as I moved back into corner of the couch.

"Our senses and strength intensifies and we get much more beautiful," Edward started.

"Some of us also get special gifts, Edward can read minds, Jasper can feel and change people's emotions, Alice can see the future for us but only once we've made our minds and I can feel people's emotions but unlike Jasper I can't change them." Rosolie said explaining the powers Edward was talking about. "So...because I know about you the leaders are going to kill me?" I asked obviously scarred.

"Meredith you have no reason to be scarred, we will protect you from anything that will that could harm you." Edward said rubbing my back.

"Why? Edward you don't know me! You don't even know my best friends names! You don't know my dads name! You don't know me!" I yell, this is ridiculous. Vampires? Love? Safety? Please none of those things are in my vocabulary!

"Meredith, You don't understand, I do know you. I know your Best Friend is Cristina Yang, Alex, George, and Izzie. You love the color purple but only a certain shade. (A/N This is the Shade of purple) I know your dad's name is Thatcher but he left without coming back and you consider the chief of surgery your father. I may only know that but I still know you."

"Yeah but I didn't tell you that I thought that." I said as the tears came.

"But we can get to know you more, I know that you want to go shopping with Alice and you want Rose to teach you some makeup tricks." Edward said looking at both Alice and Rose. "I don't wanna die," I said as the second batch of tears that night had come. Edward pulled me into his lap and held me there while I cried into his chest. In my head all I could think is 'thank you, Edward'. He smiled softly and whispered

"Anything to keep you safe," this sent chills down my back as I slowly leaned into him, and cried out everything that had happened.

Edward's P.O.V

I was holding Meredith in my arms when I got the visions of who I assumed was her mom in the floor with a pool of blood around her and Meredith was on the phone with 911 saying that her mommy tried to kill herself. The next vision I got was of her in light blue scrubs with a hand in someone's body cavity and the words you're holding a bomb lingering in the air. I then saw a vision of her going further down into the water and then another man pull her out just to see him kiss another girl in front of her. I then saw her mother yell why are you so ordinary, why can't you be extraordinary. Meredith had been through too much for one lifetime and she's only 22. I then vowed to myself that I would help bring more joy into her life and whatever I could to help her realize how she was extraordinary and extremely beautiful.

"Don't think like that, you are beautiful," I said as I pulled her closer.

"Ow, Edward stop your crushing me," She said as the rest of the family laughed. "Air, oh I missed you there for a little bit," Meredith said laughing. "Meredith, sweetie are you hungry you've been here almost all night," Esme asked.