The Race

Hope you enjoy :) The last chapter was dedicated to CJ, the best buddy ever. Please go read her stories, they're amazing. And go fan her as well :D

__________________________

Dylan POV

I get out of my truck and give a cocky grin to all the girls that instantly swarm around me. The race track looks just as it usually does with it's well maintained dirt track and rusty bleachers.

This is where I make the best money.

"Dylan! Yo, Dylan!" I turn around to see Gus grinning at me. "Haven't seen you in a while, huh?"

I shrug. "I got a new job coaching a girl, kinda took up some time."

"A girl?" He raises his eyebrows. "Screw her yet?"

I stiffen. "Nah, she's... different. And she's also Coach's daughter."

"Coach's daughter?" He whistles. "Can't he coach her, though? We need you here, Harrison."

"He doesn't coach her," I say, looking away.

"Is she hot?"

I chuckle. Of course Gus would ask something like that whenever a girl is mentioned. Even if she's a kid. Sometimes I think he's a pedophile. But he's one of my good friends so I put up with him. "She's not like you're thinking. She's more like those girls who're natural or something. She's pretty, though."

"You wanna screw her?"

I try not to heat up at this. The thing is, yeah, I do want to sleep with Jackie. But even though I'll never admit it to any douche like Gus, I want more than just a screw. Which is messed up 'cause I can't afford to do anything more than that. Especially with a rich girl like Jackie.

"Naw," I lie, "it's not like that."

"Right." But I can tell he doesn't believe me.

"Hey Dylan," a girl says sexily as she attaches herself to my arm. "Nice to see you again."

Penelope. Or Piper. That's her name. Or was it Polly?

I smile down at her and she puckers her lips. She's got red hair almost the same color as Jackie's but hers is straight and reaches her shoulders only. She's hot and petite. Nice.

But I can't. I told Jackie I wouldn't.

"Hey," I say, trying to detach myself from her before Dylan Number Two gets the wrong idea and thinks he's getting any action tonight. No, there is no way in hell I'm calling him Mini Dylan. Mini shouldn't be within the same sentence regarding Dylan Number Two.

"There's an empty bathroom," she purrs, "Wanna check it out?"

"Can't," I say despite the protests coming from down low, "Gonna race tonight." Well, I think I'm gonna race tonight. I look at Gus for confirmation and he nods.

"How about after the race?"

"Gotta take care of my mom."

"Mmm," she growls, "It's so sexy the way you take care of your family. You sure you're not up for a quickie?"

"I'm sure." She narrows her eyes down at me, as if not believing me, but then flicks her hair over her shoulder and huffs away, swaying her hips.

"You've got to be kidding me, man." Gus looks after her and says, "I can't believe you just rejected Penny, she's damn hot."

"Yeah," I swallow hard, "she is. But I promised Parkers..."

"Parkers?"

"The girl I'm coaching. We had a race yesterday and she kinda won in this way so I can't go around sleeping with random girls."