The Climb

Clary paced around her room, mentally checking everything she is supposed to bring. She had her phone, flash light, toothbrush, food, a picture of her family, and her camera to take pictures with. Clary pulled up her bag over her shoulders and swung open the door that led to the hall outside of her room. She walked downstairs to the front door, taking her time and enjoying her last couple minutes at her house. Clary left a note on the fridge which said:
Dear mom and dad,
I have gone out to find Truth, she has gone down the supposed hole in Mt.Ebott, I am going to bring her back home. I will be back in about 3 days at most. I love you <3
-Clary

There was no way that Clary could have told her parents this face to face.
1. Clary would then be too sad to leave.
2. Her parents wouldn't even let her go.

So this was the only way that she could leave without being stopped. Of course it made her sad, but she had to do it for Truth. Truth is Clary's best friend, they had been close since kindergarten. Our parents said that we were inseparable, we shared all outer secrets with eachother, and spent most of our time together. Clary brushed away the thought of her long lost friend and exited out the front door. A blast of cold air hit her face, but she was determined, so she kept walking forward. Clary pulled out her flashlight and turned it on so she didn't trip and fall on her face in the dark. She was really clumsy, if there was a chance of falling, Clary would fall without any question. The woods were pitch black, shadows casting creepy shapes along the ground because of her flashlight. They seemed to be moving, but Clary told herself it was just her imagination. How on earth did Truth do this? Truth wasn't a wimp, but then again she wasn't the toughest person. Clary told herself that if Truth could to this, so could she. Clary wrapped her arms around herself, thinking that would help her stay warm. Then the bottom of Mt.Ebott came... It looked as if it was 90 degrees up. How was she supposed to climb this?! Clary sighed and placed her hands on the mountain, not knowing where to start. Clary winged it and placed her foot on a random spot on the mountain. She pushed up and willed herself to be lifted higher. Somehow, she eventually got to the top. Clary pulled herself atop the mountain and kept her legs hanging over the edge. She surveyed the area and took in its beauty, this might be the last time she will ever get to see it. With a huff, Clary got up and walked to the center of the woods on top of the tall mountain.

She gazed down at the abyss that lay before her feet, not knowing how Truth got down alive, if she was still alive. Clary sat down, trying to look for a bottom in the seemingly endless pit. She threw a rock and listened for a clank, but nothing came. She sat there for a while, puzzled. Clary heard footsteps sound from behind her, she stayed still like a statue and didn't dare breathe, thinking that the owner of the footsteps wouldn't notice her in the complete darkness. Good thing she had turned off her flashlight earlier. The footsteps advanced on her, and came up right behind her back. The feet were barley touching her back. Clary whipped her head around, no longer caring if the figure saw her. Clary turned around to see a girl in a green and pale yellow striped shirt. She had blood red eyes and a smile thirsty for blood-shed. Clary screamed for help, but nobody came. She blacked out, but before she slipped away from reality, she got the feeling of her body being thrown into the hole.