Chapter One: This War of Mine

Day 1 / Saturday / 1943 Hours / Shikotan Island II / North East of Hokkaido and South East of Russia.

It's a snowy night. The white pure snow are now covered with red stain of human blood. There lies two lifeless body of a boy and a girl fills with holes and another with the soul still intact, shaking termendously in fear. With empty Mauser C-96 on his side.

"I-I-I'd...finally killed s-s-s-som..someone...for...r-real..."

He tightly clenches his black sweater. The night are getting cold and so does his sanity. Tears also started to fall, his breath cloud can be seen clearly if not because of the dark night.

"I'm..sorry...you..you made me to—"

A little while later an announcement sounded the whole tiny but guarded island of Shiaskotan II. It shook most of the resident who's either still alive or...just alive.

Student 05, Syafir Redif and Student 17, Irelia Weis are eliminated.

---

Day 0 / Friday / 1000 Hours / Hokkaido, Japan

The day was shining bright and it was a great way to start off anybody's day with that. Suppose, it's the same to the group of URiTO College from Malaysia, they are on a trip to Hokkaido for a week for a joint project work with other colleges from all around the world. Some of them are really alien to Japan but some of them aren't. Only few of them really know how to speak Japanese language but it shouldn't be a problem here.

"Hey, Kai, don't you feel happy? After all, it's your dreamland visit to begin with.", said one boy with curly hair but short in height. He's known as Darwin. Though he's not from the mainland because URiTO College is an international one. Also a private too.

The boy with black hooded sweater with sleepy eyes answered with boring tone.

"I did but I rather go to Tokyo. Though Hokkaido shouldn't be too bad either."

Darwin just smile back as he quite know Kairul Alward gloomy and mysterious personality. He's the type that won't show any emotion to the one who's not consider close to him.

Meanwhile on the joint trip, their college should meet up with 3 other colleges on a designated hot spring, just south of Hokkaido and near the sea and a military air force. The latter shouldn't be much bother anyway. Or so, it seems.

They passed several prefecture there and stops on several gas station to refill their energy after long trip. The talk on the bus are noisy as always since most of them are their first time being here. Heck, there're even who didn't even once had travel to overseas. In all, there are 20 choosen students from URiTO College and other 3 colleges too.

Each have their story to tell but for now, the focusing view should be interesting from Kairul Alward's view on this eventful trip.

---

Day 0 / Friday / 2009 Hours / Hot Spring / Hokkaido.

The journey to get to this Hot Spring took about 9 hours of bus ride. Most of them have either busted their arse out or out of energy. Me? I'm actually used to this kind of trip. I've done 24 hours trip nonestop...well, only to refuel the car but doesn't matter as nothing can beats me as far as I know.

Oh, the whole 3 colleges are staying here for your information.

We're suppose to leave our baggage inside the room and was told to come down to a hall nearby for a meeting with other 3 colleges. I'm not comfortable to leave the room without a bag hanging from my bag so I decide to stuff it with handphone charger (which already inside that bag), some junk food and a bread and 3 bottle of energy drink that I'd bought at the gas station earlier. Safe to say I can speak basic Japanese so it didn't cause me much trouble when I buy or ask something.