Chapters 41-50

Chapter 41

‪First, thank you for reading so carefully! I love hearing your thoughts and predictions. It gives me ideas about where the story should go and reminds me of characteristics that the girls have that I sometimes forget. Keep sending me messages about your feelings. I love it!

xxxx

Song Chapter 41

Florence and the Machine- Ship to Wreck

Taylor woke up a few hours later. She felt way better although she was still weak. It was definitely food poisoning that lasted a couple of hours. She had never been more grateful to Karlie. The model took the most amazing care of her. She would definitely be an amazing mother one day that was, if they ever got married. Taylor was flooded with the memories of their fight. Where did they stand now? What did last night mean?

She turned over to see Karlie's side of the bed empty. They definitely went to bed together. In fact, Karlie had been there before Taylor was even sick. That must be a good sign right? Either way, she wasn't there now and Taylor wished she were.

In that moment the door to the bathroom opened and the model walked out. She noticed that the singer was awake.

"How are you feeling?" she said sitting at the edge of the mattress.

"Better than last night. Not a hundred percent better but I should be fine by tomorrow."

"That was some of the worst food poisoning I have ever seen."

"Sorry," Taylor said slightly embarrassed.

"Are you kidding? That was in no way your fault. I'm throwing away that menu."

Karlie seemed open to talking and so Taylor took the chance to lessen the tension.

"Thank you for taking care of me."

"Sure," Karlie said looking down and playing with the edge of the sheet. She was cold again.

"Can we talk?" Taylor tried hopefully.

"You just woke up. How about you have some soup and crackers and water?" Karlie asked avoiding the singer's question.

"Ok," Taylor said. Any interaction with Karlie was better than the cold shoulder.

"I'll get it ready. Take a shower it will make you feel better and then meet me in the kitchen."

Taylor nodded and complied.

After her shower the singer shuffled into the kitchen. Karlie was right; the shower made her feel miles better, just another indicator of how good of a caretaker the model was.

"Feeling better?" Karli asked looking up from the soup she was pouring into a bowl

"Yeah, a lot actually."

"Good, this should help too," the younger girl said placing the tray of chicken soup, saltines, and water in front of the blonde.

"Thank you for doing this," she said trying to get on the good side of the model.

"No problem."

Not quite the response Taylor was looking for. She had hopped for an 'anytime love' or a 'it's because I love you," or a simple 'forever' but she got none of that. She was definitely asking for too much. After all, she was the one that fucked this all up or at least started it. Karlie's stubbornness and silence was not helping.

"Are you going to eat with me?"

"No, I have some work I have to do."

"So you're not going to eat?" Taylor persisted.