TWENTY NINE: TREKKING WITH AUSTIN

"What exactly do you want? Jason would you tell me?" Jason is searching for something in my bag. We are on our way to the trek start point, in the taxi. Jason has been almost throwing off all the things from my bag. Whether it be my water battle, snacks or an extra jacket. "Jason!" He opens the other zip where I've kept an extra pair of clothes. "I have my clothes in there. You better not open that!" I snatch the bag from his hand and start putting back all the stuff into it. Just then, a photograph falls on the floor of the car. Great! I'm so dead now.

"You carry this with you always." I have to agree it unwillingly that I always keep that photo of Austin and me, resting our head on each other's. That's one of my favourite favorite pictures clicked when the whole group had gathered at Austin's home a day before the results were out. "You really like him. Mhm. Correction. You LOVE him. The proof is right here." Jason waves the picture he is now holding in his hand. "I've never seen people who like someone else carry their photo with them at every moment. Trust me. Its more than just liking that you have towards Austin."

"Do you think the one I love even cares? Austin and I are only friends from his perspective. He doesn't see me as anything more than that. Isn't that enough to let him go?" Jason sighs at this, agreeing that I have a valid point there.

"Oh come on you guys. Cut the topic. Jason. Did you find what you were searching for?" Suzanne changes the topic as she knows exactly how much Austin has hurt me.

"Ally. Where are the mint capsules? The one you gave me last night? They're really delicious. Do you have them right now?" I narrow my eyes at him shooting glares at him. 

"Idiot! When I told you to tell me what you were looking for, you didn't answer. I always carry the box of mint in my pocket. You're a complete insane. How did Suzanne end up with you, I'll never know." Jason just scratches his back of neck and gives me a sheepish grin. We all laugh at him just when the car takes a right turn to enter into the trek parking area. "We're finally here! Awesome!" We all run to the others, who have already reached and are registering the trek form.

Austin's POV

Ally and the others finally reached the registration counter, after my waiting of 10 minutes. Jessica is standing with the girls of her group. "Jessica!" I indicate her to come here.

"Hey Austin. What's up?" I tell her about the further plan, when Jessica bluntly denies to assist me any further. 

"Look Austin. I don't mind helping you. You're my friend. And on that note, I have got the right to tell what's right and wrong for you. Listen. I don't find this plan working over her. If she really feels the same for you, then she has the ability to curb her expressions. If not, then you're going bad my friend. Come on! Be a man and confess it to her already. I'm sure you guys just pair up very cutely, and if she accepts your proposal, you're at benefit their. And if not, I'm sure you two can always be friends like earlier. You never know, if you tell her how you feel for her, she may start looking you that way after some time. So go and face her. And one more thing. The way you always describe her and praise in front of me, I think you've started loving her. Coz no other than a 'love-struck boy' acts like you do whenever its something related to Ally. So go. I know it'll all end up good. Okay? Now be with her all the time and let all your emotions out. I'll hopefully see you soon." Wow. That long explanation of her really gave me a lot of self-confidence. Maybe she's right. Its really high time I talk to Ally. After all, I've seen her mood changing after she heard about Jessica and me. And yes, for the love thing. I 200% agree that I LOVE Ally Sidren. I love the way she speaks, the way she smiles, the way she looks at me, everything. I love every part of her. Just took very long to realize that. Jessica has already left with her friends and I see all of the others coming towards me.

"Hey guys. Shall we get going?" Jeremy says, fist bumping his hand in the air.  All of them nod and start walking towards the hill. I wait at the last until Ally comes next to me. I grab her hand and let the electricity pass through me. I can see her eyes suddenly meeting mine in astonishment. Finally, after so long did I see those beautiful brown eyes the way I used to back at Strasbourg. "Stay close. The weird insects and creatures piss me off." She says nothing but I can easily see the smile she's trying so hard to die out there. And so we start walking after the group.

Ally's POV

By the sudden touch of Austin's hand, butterflies started fluttering in my stomach. It had been so long since I had him grabbing my hand like this. "Stay close. The weird insects and creatures piss me off." I can't help but try hide to curb the smile forming on my lips. I grab his hand too and we start walking behind the group.

"Why isn't Jessica along?" I really feel this kinda odd that he isn't with her right now, but is holding my hand and walking up a slippery slope. I'm sure Jessica won't like this. I attempt to let go of his hand, but he seems to be firm at holding my hand and doesn't let me leave his hand.

"Well. Umm. She is with her friends. They insisted on her coming along so she went trekking with them." Oh. Now I get it. She is not around, so Austin thought of coming to me. So sweet of him! Even for a little while, even if its just as a friend for him, I like the way he holds my hand. All my sadness and disappointment vanishes away.

"I see." For the next 4 hours we speak nothing until all of us decide to take some rest. Each one of us in struggling for air and sipping onto their water bottles as nothing but chirping birds, swaying leaves and everyone's heavy breathing is heard. Including Austin and me. "Have one. You'll feel better." I offer the mint toffee and he accepts it happily.

"I wanna go back. Don't feel really well." Suzanne says to Jason. He comes and sits next to her, checking her forehead and neck. 

"You're burningg up Suzanne! Idiot! I've told you so many time to take care of yourself. But no. You just don't get that through your brain, do you?!" Jason snaps at Suzanne as she narrows her eyes at her in return. "Now let's get you back to the hotel." Jason literally puts her on his back as if a she is a small baby and starts walking back to the parking area. He apologizes to us for leaving midway in the plan. 

"Don't formalize. I'm coming along. She'll need a female company with her." Jason gives me a thankful smile and we start heading back to the beginning of the track. Austin insists on coming along. All of the others have left for the remaining journey. We reach back in our room and Jason lays Suzanne on her bed.

"You guys go, and freshen up and ask the receptionist about a doctor or chemist around. I'll get her and myself changed till then. Okay?" I say to the two boys as they head out to their room. After all of us have freshened up, I pull the blanket over Suzanne. "I've ordered soup for you. You'll feel better." Just then the doorbell rings and I get up to open the door. A lady doctor, followed by Jason and Austin come in. Just after 5 minutes, as the doctor is checking Suzanne, the room service man gets one bowl of fresh, warm soup for Suzanne and another for me. 

"Just a little fever because of weather change. She'll be fine within next 2 hours. Just have these tablets and some warm food. Okay? Call me if anything serious." Jason nods and takes the tablets from her. I thank her after guiding her out of the suite and shut the door.

"Come on now. Have this." I feed her the soup sip by sip and she goes off to sleep after having it. Jason is asleep on the bed next to Suzanne. "Let's go to the restaurant. I'm starving." I say to Austin as he stands there, leaning sideways on the wall in his grey T-shirt and blue jeans. He always manages to look so....... alluring. He's just a friend to you Al. Snap out of it.

Do not forget to check the video and pic in the media. Comments please. Until next time beauties. xx