F i v e [K-M]

Kaposi sarcoma  

Kaposi sarcoma is a cancer that causes lesions (abnormal tissue) to grow in the skin; the mucous membranes lining the mouth, nose, and throat; lymph nodes; or other organs. The lesions are usually purple and are made of cancer cells, new blood vessels, red blood cells, and white blood cells.

Kidney Cancer

 Kidney cancer is a malignant tumour that starts in the cells of thekidney. Malignant means that it can spread, or metastasize, to other parts of the body. The kidney is part of the urinary system. The kidneys are on either side of the backbone, deep inside the upper part of the abdomen.

Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis

Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH) is a rare disease involving clonal proliferation of Langerhans cells, abnormal cells deriving from bone marrow and capable of migrating from skin to lymph nodes.  

Laryngeal cancer  

Laryngeal cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the larynx. Use of tobacco products and drinking too much alcohol can affect the risk of laryngeal cancer. Signs and symptoms of laryngeal cancer include a sore throat and ear pain.  

Leukemia

A malignant progressive disease in which the bone marrow and other blood-forming organs produce increased numbers of immature or abnormal leukocytes. These suppress the production of normal blood cells, leading to anemia and other symptoms.  

Lip and Oral Cavity Cancer

Lip and oral cavity cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the lips or mouth. The oral cavity includes the following: The front two thirds of the tongue. The gingiva (gums).  

Liver Cancer (Primary)

Primary liver cancer is rare but increasing in the UK. The most common type is called hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).  

Lung cancer  

Lung cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells that start off in one or both lungs; usually in the cells that line the air passages. The abnormal cells do not develop into healthy lung tissue, they divide rapidly and form tumors.  

Lymphoma

It is the cancer that is found in the lymph nodes.

Macroglobulinemia, Waldenström

Waldenström's macroglobulinemia (WM, also known as lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma) is cancer affecting B cells, a type of white blood cell. The main attributing antibody is immunoglobulin M (IgM). WM is an "indolent lymphoma," (i.e., one that tends to grow and spread slowly).  

Male Breast Cancer

A breast cancer is a malignant tumor that starts from cells of thebreast. A malignant tumor is a group of cancer cells that may grow into (invade) surrounding tissues or spread (metastasize) to distant areas of the body. Breast cancer occurs mainly in women, but men can get it, too.  

Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma of Bone and Osteosarcoma

Rarely, osteosarcoma may be found in soft tissue or organs in the chest or abdomen. Osteosarcoma is the most common type of bonecancer. Malignant fibrous histiocytoma (MFH) of bone is a rare tumor of the bone. It is treated like osteosarcoma.