S i x

[N-P]

Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinus Cancer

Paranasal sinus and nasal cavity cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the paranasal sinusesand nasal cavity. "Paranasal" means near the nose. The paranasal sinuses are hollow, air-filled spaces in the bones around the nose . 

Nasopharyngeal Cancer

Nasopharyngeal cancer is a rare type of head and neck cancer. It starts in the upper part of your throat, behind the nose. This area is called the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx is precariously placed at the base of your skull, above the roof of your mouth. Your nostrils open into the nasopharynx. 

Neuroblastoma

a malignant tumour composed of neuroblasts, most commonly in the adrenal gland. 

Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma

Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (also known as non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, NHL, or sometimes just lymphoma) is a cancer that starts in cells called lymphocytes, which are part of the body's immune system. Lymphocytes are in the lymph nodes and other lymphoid tissues (such as the spleen and bone marrow).  

Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Non-small-cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) is any type of epithelial lung cancer other than small cell lung carcinoma (SCLC). NSCLCaccounts for about 85% of all lung cancers. As a class, NSCLCs are relatively insensitive to chemotherapy, compared to small cell carcinoma.  

Oral Cancer

Oral cancer, which includes cancers of the lips, tongue, cheeks, floor of the mouth, hard and soft palate, sinuses, and pharynx (throat), can be life threatening if not diagnosed and treated early.  

Oropharyngeal Cancer

Oropharyngeal cancer is a disease in which malignant cells form in the tissue of oropharynx. The oropharynx is the middle part of the throat that includes the base of the tongue, the tonsils, the soft palate, and the walls of the pharynx.  

Osteosarcoma and Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma of Bone

Osteosarcoma and malignant fibrous histiocytoma (MFH) of thebone are diseases in which malignant (cancer) cells form in bone.Osteosarcoma usually starts in osteoblasts, which are a type of bonecell that becomes new bone tissue. Osteosarcoma is most common in adolescents.  

Ovarian Cancer

Ovarian cancer is a disease in which malignant or cancerous cells are found in the ovaries. An ovary is one of two small, almond-shaped organs located on each side of the uterus that store eggs or germ cells and produce female hormones estrogen and progesterone.  

Pancreatic Cancer

Pancreatic cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancerous) cells form in the tissues of the pancreas. The pancreas is a gland located behind the stomach and in front of the spine. The pancreas produces digestive juices and hormones that regulate blood sugar.  

Paraganglioma

 A paraganglioma is rare neuroendocrine neoplasm that may develop at various body sites (including the head, neck, thorax and abdomen). About 97% are benign and cured by surgical removal; the remaining 3% are malignant because they are able to produce distant metastases.  

Paranasal Sinus and Nasal Cavity Cancer

Paranasal sinus and nasal cavity cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity. "Paranasal" means near the nose. The paranasal sinuses are hollow, air-filled spaces in the bones around the nose. 

Parathyroid Cancer

Parathyroid cancer is a rare disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of a parathyroid gland. The parathyroid glands are four pea-sized organs found in the neck near the thyroid gland. Theparathyroid glands make parathyroid hormone (PTH or parathormone).  

Penile Cancer

Penile cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the penis. The penis is a rod-shaped male reproductive organ that passes sperm and urine from the body.  

Pharyngeal Cancer

Oropharyngeal cancer is a disease in which malignant cells form in the tissue of oropharynx. The oropharynx is the middle part of the throat that includes the base of the tongue, the tonsils, the soft palate, and the walls of the pharynx.  

Pheochromocytoma

Pheochromocytoma (PCC) is a rare tumor of adrenal gland tissue. The adrenal glands are located above the kidneys. The adrenals produce a number of hormones, including aldosterone, testosterone, cortisol, norepinephrine, and epinephrine.  

Pituitary Tumor

A pituitary tumor is an abnormal growth in the pituitary gland. This is the part of the brain that regulates the body's balance of many hormones.  

Plasma Cell Neoplasm/Multiple Myeloma

Multiple myeloma. Multiple myeloma cellsare abnormal plasma cells (a type of white blood cell) that build up in the bone marrow and form tumors in many bones of the body. Normal plasma cells make antibodies to help the body fight infection and disease. 

Pleuropulmonary Blastoma, Childhood

Pleuropulmonary blastoma (PPB) is a rare childhood cancer occurring in the chest, specifically in the lungs or in the coverings of the lungs called "pleura". 

Pregnancy and Breast Cancer

Breast cancer is found in about 1 in every 3,000 pregnant women.Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer found duringpregnancy, while breastfeeding, or within the first year of delivery. You may hear this called gestational breast cancer or pregnancy-associated breast cancer (PABC).  

Primary Central Nervous System (CNS) Lymphoma

Primary central nervous system (CNS)lymphoma is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph tissue of the brain and/or spinal cord.  

Primary Peritoneal Cancer

Primary peritoneal cancer (PPC) is a relatively rare cancer that develops most commonly in women. PPC is a close relative of epithelial ovarian cancer, which is the most common type of malignancy that affects the ovaries  

Prostate Cancer

The prostate is a gland in the male reproductive system. It makes most of the semen that carries sperm. The walnut-sized gland is located beneath the bladder and surrounds the upper part of the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder. Prostate cancer is a major health concern for American men.