Chapter 2

"Closed off from love, I didn't need the pain..."
- Bleeding love

—————-
Perhaps this was the most stupid idea ever but after a century I decided to return to forks. I like to tell myself I've come here for the scenery and peace but to be completely honest my heart has felt this nagging sensation to come back here - kind of like a string is being given a tug.
I predict I may see Edward again but naturally it is not the reason I am here, it's been 100 years I can clearly survive without him, I'm here for the rest of them. I need a family because I am lonely, damn that sounds sad.

I sigh contentedly as the cool November wind whips my cheeks and the brown fallen leaves crunch noisily under my feet. A small smile rests on my lips, as I think, it's nice to feel again.  I can hear the pitter patter of the rain hitting off the murky river as the typical Forks sky fills with stormy clouds. It's funny, I used to love the sun, long for it but now I'd much rather the scarf and thick winter coat whilst clutching my frozen hands around a cup of hot chocolate with a red nose. Glamorous, I know...

Though Forks is not a place I have come back to for a very long time I know that despite the bad memories a piece of my heart lies in this town and it feels nice to call it home once again, even if it is completely different.

After getting lost in my thoughts for a little to long I take hold of my keys and gently open the door to my new home, a beautiful cabin not far from the old meadow that I claim as mine and Edward's, it's warm and homey and I love it. When the door clicks open and the aroma of vanilla and peach hit my senses I grin and grab a box - it's time to get packing...