ix.

"Aurora what's it like to have no friends? A bit lonely isn't it? I'd be lonely too if everyone hated me."

The words replayed in her head as she wanders around campus. She decided to talk a walk instead of going to the library during lunch. Aurora rubs her hands together as she tries to stay warm, getting herself comfy on an unoccupied bench.

A few other students who liked to eat outside pass her, not paying her any attention. It's not like she was expecting them to anyway, she was used to being practically invisible.

"Who are they to make me feel so damn unpretty?" Closing her eyes, she allows herself to be consumed by the music flowing from her ear buds. The slight moving of the bench makes her open one eye, looking to her left. 

"Because they're ugly themselves."

Aurora stares at him, mouth slightly open as if she would say something. She knew him, everyone knew him. He was Kim Taehyung in year three. She shared a single class with him. They'd only spoken for school purposes, he'd never really address her otherwise.

He was nice to everyone, including her. Though they hardly spoke, sometimes she found him glancing in her direction during class. Aurora assumed it was because she sat by the clock and he was checking the time. "You'll catch a cold if you're out here too long."

"I know."

Taehyung nods and leans back, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He hums to himself before turning to her again. Aurora takes the time to glance at him, admiring all his features. She notices the small cut near his lip and how his cheek is a crimson color and slightly swollen.

"Taehyung, are you alright? Your lip, it's bleeding."

"You don't have to be nervous around me, I'm not some creep. But don't worry I'm fine!" He chuckles and sits up. Taehyung wipes his mouth with the corner of his sleeve, wincing a bit at the sting. Standing up, he pulls out a small bag of chips and places it beside her.

"See you around, Aurora."

+ + + +