Chapter 11: Welcome to Georgia

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 11: Welcome to Georgia

"Morning." Damon's voice rings through my ears when I wake up.

"Where are we?" I asked looking out the window tiredly.

"Georgia." He replied with a smile.

"You're kidding me Damon. Where the hell are we?" I asked seriously with a wide eye expression.

"Seriously, we're-we're in Georgia." He responded and I just sit there with no response. "How ya feeling?"

"I feel fine." I responded.

"There's no broken bones. I checked." He nodded.

"But my car... there was a man... I hit a man. But then he got up, and... who was that?" I asked my mind full of different questions.

"That's what I would like to know." Damon nodded.

"Where is my phone? OK. We really need to go back. Nobody knows where I am. Pull over. I mean it, Damon. Pull over! Stop the car!" I yelled.

"Oh you were so much more fun when you were asleep." Damon says pulling over so I could get out. I crotched over in pain and Damon rushed over beside me. "Hey."

"I'm fine. We have to go back." I replied looking at Damon strangely.

"Oh come on. Look. We've already come this far..." He replied making me look around at all the farm land.

"Why are you doing this? I can't be in Georgia. I wrecked my car. I have to go home. This is kidnapping." I yelled.

"That's a little melodramatic, don't you think?" He asked with a smile.

"You're not funny. You can't do this. I'm not going to Georgia." I said crossing my arms over my body.

"Well, you're IN Georgia. Without your magical little necklace, I might add. I can very easily make you...agreeable." I looked down at my neck, I must have forgotten to put it back on this morning.

"What are you trying to prove?" I asked and then I heard my phone ring coming from Damon's pocket. "That's my phone."

"Mmm. It's your boyfriend. I'll take it. Roxanne's phone...!" He smiled and I looked at him confused.

"Stefan's not my boyfriend! Get that through you're thick head." I growled.

"Roxanne? She's right here. And, yes, she's fine." Damon responded into the receiver. "He wants to talk to you."

"Uh-uh." I shake my head. I was mad at Stefan for what happened last night.

"Yeah. I don't-- I don't really think she wants to talk to you right now." Damon smiled. "You have a good day. Mm-hmm. Bye-now."

"Look, no one knows where I am. Can we please just go back?" I asked once he was off the phone.

"We're almost there." Damon replied excitedly.

"Where is there?!" I asked.

A little place right outside of Atlanta. Oh, come on, Roxanne. You don't wanna go back right now. Do you? What's the rush? Time-out. Trust me. Your problems are still going to be there when you get home. Look. Step away from your life for 5 minutes. 5 minutes!" Damon smiled.

"I need to talk to Bonnie right now Damon." I growled.

"Bonnie will be there when you get back. I've got a different witch that can help you out." He replied.

"Am I gonna be safe with you?" I asked suspiciously.

"Yes." He nodded in response.

"You promise not to do that mind control thing with me?" I asked.