Chapter 5

Arachnid stared at her screen, the poison was complete, and had been injected into the subject. The plan had been temporarily put on hold, due to events that had taken place. The idea was to have someone under her control and do her bidding, without causing any problems. The poison would first go into the subject, and stop their Spark so it appeared as though they where dead. Then Arachnid would bring them in and inject the other half, which would cause them to be under her control.
When she had set the trap in the cave, she expected to have a Decipticon fall into her trap. She was over joyed when the Autobots had come instead. Arachnid was going to infect Arcee, but the Scout had intervened. She decided to poison him instead, but hadn't succeeded in bringing him back.
Now that she had the Insecticons, it would be a lot easier to finish her experiment. All she had to do was wait for the right time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arcee woke with a start, sitting up she tried to calm herself. She had just relived the moment she lost Cliff Jumper, again. But this time, she had also relived the moment in the cave with Bumblebee. She made her way down to the rest of the team. When she entered the room, they were all just playing around. Arcee rolled her eyes. They were such kids. Bulkhead was playing wrecker ball with Bumblebee, and Smokescreen. Two against one didn't seem fair.

"Hey Arcee!" Smokescreen said just as Bulkhead plowed into him. They both wrestled with the ball, trying to get it from each other. Bumblebee jumped on top of them while yelling 'dog pile' (a term the earth kids had used).

Arcee rolled her eyes again and walked off to find Rachet. She found him calculating the location of....something. They were obviously, having a slow day. The cons had been quit for far to long, she figured Optimus was out driving around somewhere again. The kids were in school...still. Sighing she walked over to Rachet as the other three continued their game.

"Hello Arcee." He said without even looking up. She didn't bother asking how he knew it was her.

"What's the status on.......well anything." She asked feeling a bit irritated, though there was no reason for it. Rachet didn't even look at her, as he continued mapping things out
"Don't worry, things will pick up."
"Maybe when we all rust." She muttered. He turned and gave her a look. After a long pause he said.
"You didn't do well last night, did you?" She glared at him.
"Oh please, I'm a medic. I know when things are off with others."
Arcee looked away. "I already told you about it." She felt a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, these things go away." He said a little kinder. Rachet turned back to his screen and kept typing. Arcee figured he wasn't going to be much help. She went back into the other room to talk to the boys.
She entered the room to find Bulkhead alone, and cleaning up the game.
"Where are the other two?" She asked. He looked up and chuckled.
"Smokescreen wanted to go racing, but Bee didn't. So after some persuasion, they went out to race." He paused and looked at her, then said.
"Do you want to go watch?"
Arcee grinned. "Oh ya."