Chapter 14

Optimus and the others had finally located the Nemesis, only because it had exploded a little and popped up on their screen. Rachet was punching in the coordinates, when a screen popped up to reveal a happy Agent Fowler.

"Well done team Prime." He said smiling, they all looked at him confused.

"We are not sure what you mean, please clarify." Optimus said as he approached the screen.

"Your so modest. Pat yourselves on the back, the weapon is destroyed, and Megatrons ship is crippled." The agent said happily.

"But we were just leaving to go and attack Megatron." Bulkhead said. Agent Fowler just stared at the team, as if trying to decide to believe them or not.

"Then you have a rogue soldier Prime." Agent Fowler said as he typed away on his computer.
A picture suddenly popped up on the screen, it was Bumblebee riding an Insecticon, in the background were other insects and a smoking Nemesis.

"One of our drones took this picture and sent it to us before one of the Insecticons destroyed it." Agent Fowler explained.

The team stared in disbelief at the image on the screen. Rachet brought the picture into a better focus, and started to study the image.

"At least we know he's alive." Smokescreen said trying to look on the bright side.

"Should I be worried?" Fowler asked.

"Not yet. We'll contact you if there is concern. Thank you." Rachet said hurriedly and then turned off the screen. "Optimus, I don't even know what to say."

Their Leader continued to look at the screen.

"Guys, we should be happy." Smokescreen said "Bumblebee is alive."
Arcee approached the screen, and Bulkhead just gave Smokescreen a look.

"Not really." Arcee muttered. They looked at her. "Look at his eyes!" She pointed at the picture, they saw that the color was pale purple. "Just...like...Cliff." She chocked, trying not to cry. "Cold, and no life in them." One tear escaped "That's not Bumblebee anymore." With that she walked off to another part of the base. Smokescreen went to follow her, but Bulkhead held him back and shook his head. The young bot then turned to Optimus.

"Is she right? Is Bumblebee gone?" He asked. Optimus turned and looked at the rest of the team. He didn't know how to answer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yellow Jacket was the last in the cave, he needed to make sure they had all made it back. When he entered the Insecticons had made a circle, and Arachnid was standing in the middle. Yellow Jacket approached cautiously, when he was standing an arms reach away he stopped, he then offered her the staff. Arachnid looked at him for a moment, smiled and took the staff.

"So I gather you defeated Megatron?" She asked, Yellow Jacket just stared at her. Arachnid didn't like the fact that she couldn't read him. She scanned the faces of the Insecticons, some of them shifted a little. She took a step towards the bot and slapped him as hard as she could, causing his head to turn.

"You failed the mission!?" She shrieked at him, the Scout straightened up, and looked at her. Arachnid didn't appreciate his defiance, and she slapped him again.

"I could care less if you destroyed that weapon. You were supposed to get rid of Megatron so I could take his place." This time when he straightened up, she noticed a scratch across his cheek, and a bead of blue energon rolled down his face. He glared at her with those pale purple eyes, and she shuddered inside. Why did he scare her? Arachnid turned her back and sighed with frustration.

"I have another assignment for you." She said as she turned around, walking toward him so as to make herself clear. "You will do this mission on your own, and you will do it right this time." He continued to glare at her. "Don't fail this time." She warned.