The Other Side

AUTHOR'S NOTE:COMMENT/MESSAGE WHAT YOU THNK!I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AS MUCH AS MY FRIENDS DID!

__________________________________________

Chapter 1

I woke up in a daze.The last thing I remembered was a house.I had climbed through a window into a house,but I could not remember why.I had a pounding headache. It felt like I had taken a beating to it.I scanned the room,and from the shadows emerged a boy.My heart instantly started pounding.

"Hello,Adaley."The boy said to me.He was around 5'6" in height.Maybe 145 pounds.He had strawberry-blondd hair.He had medium brown eyes,and as he walked towards me,I detected the smell of ginger and vanilla coming from him.I knew from looking at him that I knew him,I recgonized him,but I could not recall from where.

" Hi.Do I know you?"I asked in a shaky voice.The boy smiled,and put out his hand to help me stand up.I waved it away,and stood up quickly.The room started to spin,and my knees gave out.I began to fall,but beford I could hit the floor,the boy grabbed me and sat me on the couch.He then sat down next to me.

He sighed,and said" Do you remember anything? No?Well,let me tell you what has happened.My name is Andrew.Last name,well I do not have one.Anyways,yesterday the government released a controlled epidemic.People began to collapse in the streets.They became mad,cannibalous,and numb minded.They were a mix between humans and wolves.The amount of deaths yesterday alone,beats any past record of deaths in a single day.I along with 3 other people have lived in our fortress for years,so naturally we were untouched.Zack,our guard,had opened the window in the lookout tower.You scaled our walls with a friend in tow.Now,understand our walls are spiked,and 76 feet high.How you did it with someone tied to you,while he was unconcious,I have no clue.You crashed through the window when Zack turned his back.Zack went to shoot,but had seen you had also become unconcious.He then radioed in ths incident and Christian,my team member,ran up the 2 flights of stairs to get you and that boy.The boy woke up after a few minutes,but you were out for a few days.Today,you started to stir,so I sent everyone away.I went to check on you,and when I was a foot away you started to levitate in midair and you werw glowing green!Then you fell back on the couch."Andrew said.I knew my eyes had to be as wide as saucers by now.

"Is that normal?"I asked stupidly.Andrew just dropped his head.

"Uh,how do you feel?"Andrew asked.The questioned annoyed me.He was acting weird.Well,who am I to judge?

"Fine."I said hoping I had a whatever tone.I guess I didn't because Andrew just shook his head.He stood up,and again offered his hand.Again, I denied it,and stood up.This time nothing happened.The look on his face was priceless when he saw that I was perfectly fine.Haha!I told him so,guess being a freak has its benefits.He grabbed hold of my arm quickly,but jumped back right away with a yelp.

"What the hell?!?"He yelled.I looked at his hand,and saw it was a burnt red.I just shrugged my shoulders.Being a freak has its doubts too.Andrew scrunched up his freckled nose,and blew air through pursed lips.

"Adaley,you're not a freak."Andrew muttered, and then grabbed my hand.This time,to his relief,nothing happened to him.Wait,did he just read my mind?Creepy,much!

"Andrew,where are we going?"I asked as he towed me behind him.I had to run to keep up with his long stride.

"To the rest of the group.We need a plan that includes Matthew and you in it.C'mon.In this room."He said then dragged me into a room with 5 chairs around a table.The 3 people in the room were not at the table though.A girl that was around 4'8" stood in one corner of the room.She had jet black hair with green sidelong bangs.She stood with her arms crossed.She had a pale complexion that seeed to kind of shine.Her lime green eyes studied me,and when she was satisfied,she smiled.I would guess her to be 103 pounds.Next to her was a boy.He was around 5'9" in height.He had a tan arm draped around the girl.He had brown eyes that matched his dark brown eyes.He gave a quick smile,and I had to blink.His teeth were incredibly bright!The last boy was sitting on the floor.He looked up,and slowly stood up.He was no doubt the shortest of the group.He stood maybe 3'6".I'd guess he weighed in 75 pounds.He had sky blue hair,and orangish eyes.He had a fair complexion,and he just stared at me.I looked at Andrew,and waited for introductions.

"Adaley,they are Elena,Matthew,and Christian.Matthew is your brother.Zack is Elena's Christian is my twin.Not identical,obviously."Andrew said nonchalantly.I looked at all of them,and knew that I did not fit in this group of beautiful people.