A Chance at Love

I walked into history class, excited as always. I couldn't wait to watch CNN Student News and see Carl Azuz, news anchor and pun master. As his beautiful tanned face and unevenly parted hair appeared on the board, my heart fluttered. He was rambling on about ISIS while I patiently awaited the end of the show, where Carl would spit fire with his puns.

     As the end of the show approached, I got butterflies in my stomach. He soon got to the puns and I closed my eyes as I let the soothing, sexy sound of Carl's voice enter my ears. I felt as though he was speaking directly to me when he said, "Don't moose tomorrow's episode of CNN Student News! I'm Carl Azuz and I'll catch you tomorrow!". The episode ended with the familiar guitar riffs I had listened to every school day and I found myself feeling empty again.

   Without the sound of Carl's voice to give me purpose, I went back to feeling unfulfilled and unloved. Suddenly, I heard my phone buzzing from my backpack. I reached down to grab it when I realized that the teacher was talking to me. I turned my head towards the teacher while still reaching downward. "What?" I asked. The teacher gave me a dirty look and replied, "I asked you to reiterate the main points of today's episode of CNN Student News." I stared blankly back at her. I was only focused on the parts of the show that Carl was in, as usual, and even at those parts, I wasn't listening to the news story! Eventually, the teacher gave up and picked on another student.

     My phone began buzzing again and, once again, I reached down to grab it from my backpack. I took it out and looked at the screen. It was a call from CNN Center! I was both shocked and excited. What could they be calling for? I quietly slipped out of the classroom as if I was going to the bathroom but when I closed the door, I quickly answered the phone. "Hello?" I said. "Hi this is Carl Azuz," crooned Carl's sexy voice, "Is this Kelsey?" I could barely contain my excitement as I stuttered out, "Uh y-yes this is she". I could hear him take a deep breath on the other end. "Well Kelsey, I have some good news for you," he paused. "Yes?" I answered, barely concealing a scream. "I'd like to personally invite you down to the CNN Headquarters because you won the contest!" This time I couldn't contain it, I screamed into the phone. I was going to meet Carl Azuz!! After an adorable chuckle, he started rambling off details, but I could barely hear him, I was too busy imagining what would happen when I finally met him...