Two Birds

A/N So, this is a small songfiction! It's about Melanie and Garroth! 

The song is called Two Birds by Regina Spektor. I think it's a very good song, seeing as it made me cry. To me, the song is about the following pairs...

• Mabel and Dipper

• Dan and Phil

• Melanie and Garroth

So, I'm sorry if you cry, THE LINK TO THE SONG IS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. 

Anyways, let's get started!

Two birds on a wire

"Hey Mel! How's your day going?" Asked Garroth, smirking as he entered Melanie's room. She rolled her eyes, looking up from her book.

"It was going just fine, until you barged in." She said, smiling slightly. Garroth sat next to her on her bed, taking her book and skimming through it.

"Hmm... A book about magicks, huh?" He asked. Melanie nodded.

"Yep. I want to figure out what else there is to do with my magicks. I feel as if I haven't been using them as much, you know, especially since my magicks only work in this village." 

"Hey! I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh? What about?"

One tries to fly away

"... Father says I'm to marry the princess of Scaleswind."

"What?! That's horrible!"

"I know... And I'm not going to do it."

"How are you going to get out of it?"

"I'm faking my death and running away... And I want you to come with me."

And the other...

"Y-You do?"

"Yeah! I'm going to do it at the end of the week. You up for it?"

Watches him close from that wire

Melanie examined Garroth. She saw his grin, the ones that made all the girls go crazy. His eyes shined with excitement. She could see that he genuinely wanted to do this. Garroth didn't want to be forced to marry anyone.

He says he wants to as well

"S-Sure! Sounds like a plan!"

"Great! Meet me tomorrow at the gates for preparations."

But

Garroth stood up, and turned to face Melanie.

"Thanks for understanding." 

He is a liar

^-^(THE NEXT DAY)^-^

"Melanie how come you didn't come today to check on preparations?" Garroth asked as he entered Melanie's room. She gulped, closing her book.

I'll believe it all

"You won't understand." She whispered. Garroth smiled kindly.

There's nothing I won't understand.

"Of course I'll understand. You're my best friend, and my twin sister. You can tell me anything."