Chapter 23: When We Were Young

Bernice

I woke up to get ready for work. After I was done getting ready I ate breakfast and while I did that I checked my phone. There were notifications going off the hook about what happened last night. How did anybody even find out? It was 4am and the streets were empty meaning no paparazzi. I had a text from Dave and it was a link. I clicked on it and it took me to a YouTube video on the radio stations the breakfast club's channel. It started playing and Angela Yee started talking:

"This is the breakfast club and I'm Angela Yee with the rumor report. Now we all know Trey Songz was in a relationship with Bernice Burgos, but as of today I'm pretty sure that's over. We all know about the fight that broke out between Bernice and one of his ex's at his party. Now I was there and Bernice pretty much beat her ass. Well a couple of days after that Trey was caught in a club making out with that same ex, Mila. That same night Bernice allegedly took the car Trey bought her, a g-wagon, and smashed the windows out with a bat in front of him. Apparently he leased the car, but because she damaged it he can't take it back. Also a source says Bernice's so-called "best friend" rapper Dave East was there when she did it. The source is claiming she also cheated on Trey with Dave. Just one big messy situation."

"I don't get it. If they're both cheating just let each other cheat in peace. Just be one big happy family!" Charlemagne said laughing.

"Well thank you Angela Yee for today's rumor report." DJ Envy said.

The video ended and I sighed. Source my ass, there is no source. I never cheated on Trey once unlike his lying ass. I left for work in my new car and when I got there I would soon have my first meeting with my marketing team and the designer for Christian Louboutin. All I was worried about is that nobody knew about all the drama that has happened this week. I got everything I needed then went to the meeting room. My team was already there. I set up then soon the designer came and we started.

Once we were done I went back to my office. I took my phone out of my drawer and saw I had a million calls and texts from Trey. I rolled my eyes.

Trey: We need to talk, Bernice!
Trey: You didn't even talk to me before jumping to conclusions
Trey: I'm suing your crazy ass!
Trey: I didn't mean that last message. Just call or text me back.
Trey: I want Trigga back
Trey: I want the key to my penthouse back

This went on for about 10 more messages. I finally decided to reply back to shut his ass up.

Me: You can have the damn dog back just leave me alone. I'll bring Taylor to your place and the key. I want my key back too.

Trey: *Trigga, come after you're done with work.

After work I went back to my condo gathering all of the stuff I had for the dog. I picked him up looking at him saying, "Sorry things got so messy between mommy and daddy, but your dad's a dog. No offense." I snuggled him to me then put Taylor in his cage. I didn't want to give him back, but I didn't want any ties or reminders of Trey. I contemplated giving him all the clothes, jewelry, shoes, and bags he bought me but decided that's the least he owed me.

I left with Taylor driving to the city to Trey's. I would just leave the stuff by the door, but I need my key back. I knocked and like usual Trey was shirtless. I guess he thought he would seduce me into taking him back. "Hey" he said looking at me up and down.

"Here." I said handing him his key back not greeting him back.

"Where's Trigga?"

I pointed to the cage by my feet and he picked it up looking into the cage at Taylor. "My key." He handed it to me.

"You know you didn't have to smash the windows to the car. You didn't even let me explain or try to talk it out."

"Don't need to. Bye, Tremaine." I walked away not even bothering to look back. No more industry guys.