Chapter 2

"Help!" I screamed over and over. I couldn't see anything and I was afraid that I would never get out of whatever I was stuck in. I cant remember everything but I know that I was kidnapped. Whoever it was used the old chloroform trick and it was worse than I imagined it to be. I mean I never thought this kind of thing would happen to me so I never thought about it much. All of a sudden, I heard a door starting to creek open.

"...Hello?" I asked, terrified

The thought of who was walking in that room horrified me. I didn't want to die, I have so many things I want to accomplish, so many things I want to do and see....

"Please don't kill me.... Please."

Pure silence. They didn't say anything at all. What were they doing? Ten minutes had passed by and still nothing. I was getting so dizzy because I had been hanging upside down for god knows how long. Then it had dawned on me: what if whoever it was that is in that room, is waiting for me to pass out? I worried myself even more from thinking about it. My mind makes me think of only the most horrible and terrifying things in scary situations like this.

"Hello Claire Louise Anderson"

They had finally spoken, but they were speaking into something that would change their voice so I didn't know what they sound like.

"What do you want from me? And how do you know my name?"

"Your name like I said, is Claire Louise Anderson, born July 10,2000, you are now 15 years old and you go to the Winston senior high school where you are a freshman moving up to being a sophomore. You were born originally in Minnesota but your parents wanted a fresh start so they moved to the little small town called Winston... As I had said earlier. You are an only child and don't like the fact that no one ever listens to you, not even your parents because they are to busy fighting all the time."

How do they know all of this? And why are they telling me about my life?

"I cannot focus on what your saying when I'm dizzy and upside down ya know." I heard footsteps coming my way getting louder, along with a big screeching noise which I think was a chair. Then I felt an arm wrapping around my waist and the rope hanging me up shaking. I think whoever it was, is cutting the rope. I was thinking of kicking them where ever i could, and try to run but that wouldn't do much good when I'm blindfolded, so I had to cooperate. They sat me down in the chair and tied me up even more so i would stay put, and then walked away.

It was a man. I could tell because he was really muscular and I could feel the stubble on his chin. I mean, not to exaggerate, but he was REALLY muscular. I don't think I would WANT to not cooperate.

"Your mothers full name is Katherine Elizabeth Anderson, or Palmer for her last name if she wasn't married. she was born November 5, 1980 and is now 35 years old. Your mother got pregnant with you when she was 19 and couldn't go to college because she was taking care of you all the time, so because she never got her college degree, she cant get a good high paying job so she works part time at two places which are Texas road house, and the snack shack restaurant down by the beach. sometimes when she gets home, your father beats her out of drunkenness and stupidity. she always forgives him but she never knows why."

"How do you know all of this about me and my-" he had cut me off and started talking about my father.

"your fathers full name is Zachary Thomas Anderson. He was born on July 9, 1978 and is now 37 years old. When he was 21, he went to a college party and invited his new girlfriend to which was your mother. They both had gotten drunk and everything went from there.
That is how you were born eight and a half months later, and yes, you were born early. Years had past and your father had gotten a job at place called Cold-stocks, where they package and stock frozen foods from across the world. This was the really good high paying job that gave your parents the money to move. He lost his job from confronting his boss about an issue dealing with a co-worker but his boss let it slide. That resulted in him losing his job, going to jail, and sending his enemy co-worker, to the hospital. He was later bailed out by your mother and is now left with no job. now your mother is the one paying taxes all of the time while he sits on his butt all day watching television, getting drunk, and also like I said earlier, having fun beating your mother."

I started to cry silently as I was soaking in all of the things that this kidnapper was telling me. I hadn't realized that my life wasn't as great as I thought it was. If my dad wouldn't had lost his job and went to jail, he would still probably call me his little Claire Bear. When he got out of jail, he got drunk all the time and started blaming me for his mistakes and I drastically became his enemy. But anyways, right now I should just worry about why this kidnapper kidnapped me and why I am here. My life actually matters right now because I could die at any moment.

"Why am I here, and who are you?"

"Now if I told you who I was, then I wouldn't be able to let you go. Well... Of course I could always erase your memory, but that takes a lot of time."

"I wouldn't care, because what you are already implying is that my life literally already sucks, so why would it matter? And for the MILLIONTH TIME, WHY DID YOU BRING ME HERE!?"

"Oh will you look at the time! It a quarter past-" i had cut him off with a sarcastic comment.

"Oh yea, I can TOTALLY see the clock right now. Its not like I'm blindfolded or anything."

"Haa...ha...haa... Very funny Claire. But as I was saying, its a quarter past 10 and I am very tired. Toodaloo Claire bear. Goodnight!"

Toodaloo CLAIRE BEAR!? Who does he think he is calling me that? I have only let my dad call me that and that was before he started blaming me for everything. "Wait!..."

"Yes?" he said

"How am I suppose to sleep like this?"

"Umm.... Well, here is a pillow... Now figure out the rest. Goodnight!" he nudged the pillow between my neck and the chair and closed the door behind him. I could hear a very loud clicking noise at the door. It went on and on for about 2 minutes. How many locks does this guy have on the door?

I started squirming in the chair and tried to push the chair and fall back so I could lay on the ground. CLUNK! tears streamed down my cheeks as I rubbed my head on the pillow. I had gotten the chair to fall back but I had hit my head pretty hard. Slowly, I started drifting off into my dream world. Soon enough, I was fast asleep.