11: Last

The days have passed since the Cup and everyone was still mourning the deaths of the contestants; but whenever they see me or Franco, they would congratulate us happily.  But that day changed me and they all noticed it. I skipped school most of the time; teachers are starting to get mad so I tried to create a clone to attend my classes; unfortunately, they can't talk so most of the time I was busted but that was only at Simon's class because he acknowledges me even if I don't raise my hand and of course, don't forget the exercises and activities. I never had sleep. I kept scrolling through the books in the library and even dad's journal for me to find a way to save him. I also called Jansesn to let the body stay for him for a week or perhaps longer and he was fine with it. Lisie was so depressed she forgets to remind me about our plan. She even insisted on saving Jessie first before doing everything. "No Jessie, no plan!" Chloe said. Franco was the most depressed. He stopped eating, Lisie said and so Lisie spent most of the time with Franco to take care of him while Chloe's watching over me. Daniel was also there whenever Chloe's not around. He skipped classes just so he could take care of me.

When I saw Franco on the hallway one day, I remember to ask him about the incident in the Cup; where he had dark aura in him. He dragged me to a place far from crowd and started explaining.

"My mom... my mom's a Lost."

I wasn't surprise at all. Maybe I was surprised a lot of times that I actually got used to it. I hugged him, I don't know why: maybe it's because he started crying. "I miss Jessie. I miss Alex." He said. I realized he's worse than we thought. Alex is nowhere near us. I remembered when Jessie and Franco told me that Alex always hugs them whenever they lost the Cup and now... I don't know what to do anymore. Does Alex know? Maybe I should call him? And later that night, I tried calling him but there's no answer.

One day when I was trying to decipher the last page of the journal, it burst into flames; not the book or the page, but the letters.

Dear Cassandra,

I made this journal just for you. When Francis became mad, I knew the world will suffer. The balance will end. Mother Nature predicted this and told me that only a Legacy can overcome a Legacy. Fear not for I am here, with you, always. I intended this book to be passed on for generations so it would get to you and if you are reading this, then I succeeded in my first task. The second would be helping you and that is why I have written here all the Legacy spells that only you can do. I know you will seek great things and do great things for you are my daughter. Let me tell you a secret. We are given gifts by the Mother Nature when we were born; Francis was given the Balance, which he used for something bad; Samson was given Time; and I was given Discovery. The Balance was concerned with magic in maintaining the balance in the world but he found a way to manipulate it. I don't know about the Time and how Samson used it. Discovery is for maintaining the life of every being. Discovery gave me intelligence to create all the magic in this book and I think it is up to you to see the other things Discover can do. I hope you all put this into good use.

I love you, Cassandra.

Love, Henry Valle

I didn't know what to feel after the letter. So I have another thing to learn, huh? Thank you dad, I whispered. I realized that if dad did all these because of the gift of Discovery and if I have it too, then I can create my own spells as well, right? I started talking to myself, arguing if it's worth a try or just a waste of time. I immediately called Lisie, Franco and Chloe to help me figure out how to create a spell and within a week, we successfully created a spell to remove permanent petrify; or what Franco calls "Depetri." The next day, we all went to Jessie's home and saw him lying on his bedroom. I gathered all my strength and will and performed the spell.

Of course, I passed out AGAIN. Why do I always pass out whenever I perform a huge spell! I woke up and saw Jessie sitting beside me on the bed. I couldn't help but cry and hug him. The others came in and we all hugged. "We missed you." Franco said happily and now the energy of the group returned as if Jessie was the light. We will never feel complete as long as one if missing. And one is... Alex... I feel sad that Alex is not here...

When Jessie returned in the Academy, I don't know but I can feel that Jill was furious about it. She never even smiled. I tried to help Denzo as well and I was successful and that made Jill even angrier. She began to question me and that's how we know we must execute the plan as early as possible.

"Whatever happens, Daniel, always know that I love you." I can't believe I'm leaving Daniel and he doesn't know that he might never see me again after this or maybe he'll see me... you know... getting executed. Daniel was surprised, I can see in his face because to be honest, it really felt like I was dying. We kissed and my last day in the Academy, I spent it with him. Before I go to sleep, I can't stop but wonder what would Daniel do if he finds out I'm a Legacy... Will he go with me or want me dead?

After we finished our short briefing with Lisie, we decided to head out. We separated. Franco and I went together because we cannot be tracked because we're out of the Council's hands. I asked Franco if we could visit my family first before we go to Mt. Grande where the magic will take place.

"I miss you!" Ris ran towards me as soon as he sees me. It seemed like nothing changed here. "I love you." I said and kissed both of my parents on the cheeks. I couldn't tell them what's happening, they wouldn't allow me to do it but I told them I know the truth, that I'm not their real child. "Ris, good bye." I said and planted a kiss on his cheek. I told him everything as in everything which made him cry so I hugged him. "I love you kiddo." Ris said and for the last time (hopefully not) he kissed me on my forehead.