5: Feelings

I casted a spell that made everything flew towards him so he would get distracted and I would have time to escape and luckily, I succeeded. I was able to escape. I ran to the courtyard and bumped into Chloe. "Hey! Are you okay?" She asked me. Obviously, I'm not. My heart is beating really fast; I've never felt scared like this before. "Let me help you." She said and touched my arm. Suddenly, I blacked out.

I woke up and saw my friends standing in front of me, and also Sarah. "Wha—what's happened?" I asked them. Lisie explained everything. She said Chloe saw me panicking, like I've seen a ghost so she put a calm spell in me, unfortunately it was too strong so I fell asleep. They were walking when they saw me sleeping next to Chloe. "Why are you panicking?" Alex asked curiously and then I remembered everything. I was with Daniel and he was trying to kill me. "I—I thought I saw a ghost..." nice lie, Cassandra. Bravo! They kept bothering me but I immediately changed the subject. "Thank you, Chloe." By the way, where's Daniel, I thought; but I know I shouldn't ask this. I walked with them. I waited for Sarah to leave Alex so I could ask him if Daniel knows about me being a Legacy. After, maybe an hour, Sarah finally left. "Hey," I called Alex, "does Daniel know?" Alex looked at me in disbelief. "What? He doesn't know." He answered. "Then why did he try to kill me in the garden awhile ago? I lied about the ghost." I asked. "I know... Uhmm, about Daniel... His blood lust is very strong, strongest among the others; that's a thing about Losts, why they are considered uncontrollable." Alex explained. "Why are you with him anyway?" He added. "He asked me to come with him." I answered. Alex looked at me and held my arm. "Stay away from him, okay?" Please don't be like that, I hoped. "Do you know where I can see pictures of Ines Valle and Genevive Erasga?" I asked. "Genevive, I don't know but Ines has a picture in the third floor hallway. I never been there, I thought. Alex and I went to the third floor and saw a portrait of a beautiful familiar woman.

"The woman in my memory. She used the Death Sleep on me." I said.

Alex looked at me; speechless. "What?" I asked curiously. "She can't be a magician..." He said. I recalled all the things that I have studied before in the library. "Henry Valle and Samson Erasga married after they killed all the magicians." He explained. "Oohh..." "There you are!" We turned around and saw Lisie running towards us. As soon as Lisie falls her eyes on the portrait, her jaw dropped. "Ohh... Is she--?" No one answered. "You look so much alike..." She added. Everyone was speechless. I examined her face. Lisie is right. We look so much alike. We have the same eyes. I tried to find something that tells me that she's not my mom but there's none. "Mom? Please give me a sign that it's you." I asked, looking up the portrait. "WHAT!?" "HUH?!" We all turned around and saw Franco and Jessie standing right behind us, looking at the portrait as well. "What are you doing two doing there?" Alex asked. "You, three, looked cute staring at the portrait so we did the same and then we heard—" "Okay okay." I said and told them everything. Lisie didn't approve that I told them but I trust them with almost everything. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with us."

We went to our classes together. Suddenly, someone dragged me before I'm able to enter the room. "Wha—" "I'm sorry, Cassandra. I really didn't mean to." Daniel said. "No, it's okay." I answered. "No, it's not! I killed the only person I want to befriend here." He said. I felt myself blushed; did he say he wanted to befriend me? I decided to go inside the room but he stopped me again. "Please, Cassandra, give me a chance." He begged. I don't know but I can feel the sincerity in his tone. "Okay." I answered. "Thank you." He said and we both entered the room together. He sat next to me. I caught a glance of Alex and he was smirking at us. I realized that this guy choked him and almost killed me before yet I still find him the sweet. I had a tough time understanding today's class in Arithmetic and luckily, Daniel helped me with everything. I didn't ask for his help but he insisted it.