Roses

Mara's P.O.V

Grayson opened the car door for me, where Ethan was waiting in the passenger seat. He waved to me and shot Grayson a damn she looks fine nice move bro kinda look. I pretended not to see and got into the back of the car. I didn't mind sitting in the back; I wanted to sit with Chloe for the ride. We drove to the apartment where Chloe lives, and Gray parked out front. Ethan took a breath, and took something from under his seat. I couldn't see what it was. Gray shot him a thumbs up and he got out of the car. I watched him walk to the front and go in. Gray turned around and looked me over.

"You look amazing."

"You're not so bad yourself," I laughed. What an understatement. He was so hot, I literally could not stop looking at him. He also pulled something from under his seat, and handed it to me. It was a huge bouquet of roses! I was completely overwhelmed with how perfect he was being. When I finally looked up, he looked relieved.

"Oh, Gray, thank you so much! You're the best!"

He looked proud and put his hand on my thigh. "Mar, that's just the beginning."

Chloe's P.O.V

"Hey, kitty." He said, looking slightly nervous. Ethan was always so chill and calm, it was cute to see him a little uncomfortable. Besides, that meant he wanted to impress me, right? Well, if he meant to or not, he certainly had impressed me. He looked perfect, just a little more dressed up than usual. We were about the same on that front, which was good.

"Hey, Eth," I blushed, copying his use of my pet name. He pulled a bundle of red roses from behind his back, handing it to me. My eyes grew huge, and he smiled, seeming happy to have gotten such a reaction from me. "Aw, you didn't have to do this."

"Of course I did; I want you to know I really like you."

I grinned up at him, as he was like seven inches taller than me. I loved the way he looked at me. He made me like my height, to finally be grateful for being freaking 5'2. He had to lean over a little to give me a hug, and he lifted me up a little. I inhaled, his cologne making me melt. We stood and he offered me his hand. I took it gently. Ethan walked me down the hall to the elevator.

We got into the elevator and he hit the first floor button. We rode down, and I stared at his beautiful face the whole way. Outside, Mara and Grayson were sitting in the car. Mara sat in the back, waving excitedly from the car. I held up my rose a little, showing her. She picked one up and giggled. Ethan opened up my door, a total gentleman.

"Thanks," I giggled.

"My pleasure, babe."

I slid into the seat and Mara squealed with me. He called me babe! I was so happy, I could hardly believe this was happening.

I grabbed Mara's hand and we silently exploded with excitement. Mara and I were best friends ever since Grayson had introduced us two years ago. I knew that Mara had always had a crush on him, and he had one on her too. Grayson had come to me a couple weeks ago and asked me about her.

"Hey, um, I know this might be a little awkward for you but, uh, do you think Mara likes me? Like even a little bit?" He had stuttered.

"Grayson, I know you like her."

"What? How?" He choked nervously. "Just, please don't tell her! I don't want to change anything if she doesn't like me back."

"Just go for it! I don't think she's gonna turn you done." I had said with a wink. Sure, it had taken him weeks to do it, but he finally asked her out! And, I'm pretty sure he's what prompted Ethan to ask me, so it was a win win. I smiled, thinking about the way it had worked out. Ever since I moved to LA, I had gotten ever closer with the boys. We had been friends for a while when we all lived in New Jersey. When we moved, Gray met Mara and introduced us. Now, I had the best date ever. My two best friends from my childhood had asked me and my best friend out! Before long, we were pulling into the beach. Mara squeezed my hand again, and we both clutched our roses as the Grayson parked.

Ethan opened my door, and bowed goofily,"My lady, welcome to paradise."

Even though he was joking, it sure felt like paradise to me.