Night Sky

Mara's P.O.V.

"Mmm, baby?" Gray's words were muffled from my hair.

"Yeah?" I looked up at him.

"Wanna take a walk? I want to show you something else."

"Ok," I agreed and we stood up. Grayson and I straightened out our clothes. He pulled me into his side and I yawned contentedly. 

"We're going to take a walk. We'll be back in a bit." Grayson told Chloe and Ethan. I saw Ethan sneak a wink at Grayson, and Chloe smiled encouragingly at me. 

"Ok, have fun." Chloe said. I rolled my eyes; I could see she was glad we were leaving them alone. I mouthed use protection and she smirked back. I laughed.

Gray took my hand and we walked down to the water. Neither of us had on shoes, so we let the water splash over our feet. He laughed as I jumped from the cold waves. We walked in silence down the coast for a while. I loved that he didn't feel a need to fill the silence. I leaned into him and I could smell his hot, woodsy smell mixed with the saltwater. This felt so good, to be here with him, and I could not believe it was really happening. 

It was much darker now, but the water still glistened  in the moonlight. We were approaching a group of rocks when I realized where he had led me. It was the rocks were we had first met! I could remember exactly when I first saw him. I was still in awe of how thoughtful this was when he stopped. He put his hands on my waist and I put my arms around his neck, in the traditional slow-dance position. Somewhere, some music began to play softly. I saw the boys' sister run silently from behind a rock. She must have started the music. I smiled and looked down. 

"Mara. Thank you."

I looked up confused. "For what? You're the one that did all of this! I mean, this is amazing!"

Grayson happily listened me gush about the date. "I meant for coming. And liking me back."

"Grayson, there's no way I wouldn't."

We were swaying softly, and the song changed to something more intense. He was looking me over, his eyes lingering on my collarbones and lips. I licked them a little, and watched his eyes. Suddenly, Grayson's face got serious and nervous. He took a deep breath.

"I think I love you."

"What?" I said, overwhelmed with happiness. "Gray, I-" He cut me off by pressing his lips into mine. It surprised me, but I immediately kissed back. This was no soft, simple kiss. It was passionate and strong. He pulled me closer; my fingers combed through his hair. Grayson's hands slid down my back and on to my ass. I moaned a little, and he smiled into the kiss. When we finally broke apart, the stars were shining bright overhead. Grayson's eyes sparkled with excitement, and I wanted nothing more than what I had right now. He was suddenly everything I needed to feel calm, safe. I felt all bubbly and fiery inside, a feeling very new to me. Sure, I had dated before, and kissed, and liked it. But I had loved this kiss. 

I loved him.

Chloe's P.O.V.

Mara and Grayson had just left the picnic, leaving me and Ethan. Don't get me wrong, I loved Mara and Gray, but I was thrilled to be finally alone with Ethan. It was pretty dark now, and the candles made the light all warm and sexy. I lay still next to him. He gently stroked my hair, but soon his hand was sliding down my back. He smelled really good, like really. I wondered how I had kept my feelings down all that time. Ethan was always such a nice, sweet guy I had always just thought of him as my best friend. Yes, I had always found him attractive, but I didn't really think he could think of me that way. He was always on the move, too, getting any girl he wanted. Not that he just passed women around rudely. No, Ethan was the definition of a gentleman, all class and politeness. God, I was such a clueless idiot. How had I gone so long without this?

"Kitty?"

"Yeah?" I answered. He hesitated for a second.

"You do know how much you mean to me, right?"

I sat up, confused. "What?"

"You really are special. I've never felt what I feel with you."

I was quiet. Some of my previous insecurities swirled back into my mind. I grew nervous as he looked me over. I hoped he liked what he saw. I certainly liked what I saw, but he was just . . .

"I'm serious." Ethan sat up too and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Why me? I don't deserve you." I was so afraid of getting attached to something I could lose so easily. Looking Ethan over, and I wished that I was as  hot to him as he was to me. He was perfect; he could easily get some just as perfect. "I'm just, like, the weird girl you had to be friends with as a kid."

"No, you're the girl who looked beautiful covered in dirt and who's laugh could travel for miles. You're the girl who would sneak into my room in the middle of the night to show me the stars. You're the girl that didn't give a shit what anyone thought, because it was more fun to go to Walmart in sweats at 2:00am. Never for a second did I think of you as just the weird girl I had to be friends with. To me, you were the moon in the night sky. I couldn't see anyone but you. You were the hottest, most beautiful girl in the world. You were everything, and I don't know how I waited so long to make you mine."

I was speechless. He looked delicious, and I wanted him. It was obvious he wasn't just kidding around, and again I felt safe and comfortable with him. Him being all deep and poetic had made him even more irresistible. "Ethan, I . . . loved doing those things with you. I always wanted you."

"Like how?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know what I ment, Ethan."

He chuckled and licked his lips. His eye's grew a little darker and his position shifted; there was something new on his mind now. "Well, you've got me now, babygirl."