Chapter 4- Country livin'

"Answer me!" His face was hot, and sweaty. And I'm pretty sure by now Willow is looking at him, he wasn't just angry.

"Sir-"

"Shut up!" His words overlapped Willows, and pointed the gun at her. That got me really mad. I pulled out mine from under the belt of my jeans, and pointed it at him.

"Put it down!" I demanded, but he did not answer nicely. He swung the gun around to point at me. All hot and sweaty. Almost saying, 'Why in the hell would I?' With his face. Willow tries to break it up, but we won't stop.

"We can resolve this conflict okay? Just put your guns down and follow-"

"I WON'T DROP IT UNLESS HE DOES!" I say childishly. I look at him, giving him the signal, 'Yea, I'm strong. Are you?' with my eyes.

"Paul! You put that weapon away! Do you hear? Dang nabbit, you don't point a gun at these fine folks, you hear!" A old woman walks out of the farm house.

"But their strangers Ma!" He puts his gun down annoyed by his mothers words. There obviously country.

"Betty? What's that yelling?" A woman with dirty blond hair steps out of the white farm house. Betty is the name of the old lady.

"Just my stupid son Paul gettin' in some trouble. Nothing for you to bother with Harper sweetie." Betty doesn't like her son, calling him stupid? That made me cringe. But still, I don't drop my gun from between his eyes, when he looks back he looks surprised that I didn't put it down.

"You put that down little lady!" He yells. I realize that Willow is trying to make lower the gun. She never held a gun before. So she tries to talk me out instead of grab it from me. I notice that my finger is firmly on the trigger. And slowly pulling it back.

"Nina! Watch out!" Black and dark is all I see. And a click from the gun, and the thump of a body is all I hear.

"Sweetie, are you okay? He really hit you hard huh?" A soft country accent asks me, and a blurry dirty blond figure holds a ice pack to my hurting head. "You finally woke up." Her soft and quiet voice sounds a lot like Willows, but the dirty blond hair gives it away that it's not her. "BETTY!!! SHES UP!!!" Her yelling makes my ears ring. "COMIN' HARPER!!! I WAS JUST YELLIN' AT YOUR HUSBAND!!" My vision starts to clear and a old woman steps into view. The sound of my dog barking and growling makes me jump. That man that is apparently Paul comes in with a scratched up shirt and a bloody shoulder.

"That damn dog just attacked me!" My dog barking comes up in the background, Paul turns around and kicks Pistol in the jaw.

"Pistol!" I reach for my gun, putting my hand on my bare waist. I then jump up and punch him in the jaw. He falls over and I sit on his stomach, continuing to punch him in the face. "Don't hurt my dog!" A pale hand grabs onto my shoulders and pulls me off of him.

"Nina! Stop acting like a animal!" Willow holds my hands.

"He kicked my dog!" Paul starts to get up.

"That's your dog?!" He says holding his bloody nose. I push myself out of her grasp.

"Yes he is!" I then start to take a step towards him and clench me fist. "I'll kill you!"

"Nina, stop acting like a child!" Willow sits me down on the couch and gives me a mother pep-talk.

"I don't think a child would knock a man over Willow!"

"Well, Nina sometimes you over react, maybe if you just-"

"Over react! OVER REACT! Are you kidding me! He kicked Pistol, Willow!" Her words cut into me like knives, and makes my anger grow stronger. I was just about to say something when Alex's tears interrupt me. "Alex? Are you okay?" He's slowly petting Melody in his lap. I instantly get angry. "Did they hurt you Alex?!" I walk over and put my hands on his shoulders.

"No, I just miss mom and dad." His tears run harder and my arms rap around him. I know.

"Umm, fire girl?" I turn around knowing the reference to my hair. I stand up firmly to Harper.

"It's Nina." She has a uncomfortable look on her face.

"Of course it is! Well, your puppy is fine! His jaw got dislocated but, it's snapped into place now!" That idiot dislocated my dogs jaw!

"I'm coming....Willow," I turn around to look at Willow, trying to keep my cool. "Can you take care Alex please." She has a worried emotion stuck to her face and then nods. I walk towards Harper, following her footsteps. I turn a baby blue corner and see my broken pup. I fill up with worry and rush towards him. I wrap my arms around his furry body.

"HARPER! GET MY GUN!" I hear distress calls  from a cow and the slam of a broken wooden door.