Waiheke Wharf 2 Wharf

Another 12km run from one side of Waiheke to the other and getting up at 5 in the morning is not one of my best decisions I've made.  It was a perfect morning in Auckland under we got off the ferry in Waiheke, the temperatures would of competed in the ones in Australia with it being around 30 degrees. 

Anyway... We got off the ferry and we took a bus to where the race was going to commence. The sweltering heat burning down on us as we started the race after the gun had sounded. The first bit of the race was a giant hill going to I don't even know where, I had only been to Waiheke twice and not even knowing the course was bad enough. Not knowing how the race was going be, either hilly or a flat race, I soon found out as I had to run up about 5 hills in the whole race, I could barely breathe at that point, as I stopped a number of times to get my breathe back, loads of people pasted me on the 12 km run. 

It was still hot throughout the day, wishing it would just start to rain, but that didn't happen and the water station didn't even have clean water it was just tank water! I didn't want to drink any of it so I just throw it over the top of my head. But the main goal was on my mind... to beat my dad. I knew if I just kept running even a little bit he would be trying to get his breath back. I had no clue how far I was from the finish, but I started to hear a loudspeaker so from that point on I ran as fast as I could, with a girl that was just a bit older then me behind I just beat her by a second or two. My final time was 1:17:46 was very pleased with the timing but was happy that it was just over and done with, won't be doing any running over in Waiheke any time soon. I liked the Auckland marathon beater but the views and beaches at Waiheke are amazing!

Hope you guys enjoyed this story, I'll try to do other events later on in the year :)