Te Hihi Interschool

It was a boiling winter Thursday. We got there at about 9AM. There was a specific area for us to put our bags down. Then we get called to have a look around the paddocks because it is at a farm that is connected to the school. As we walk around we see that there is around 6 other schools in our age group that we will be competing against.

When we get back we have 10 mins to get ready for our race, we were the first year group to be let go. We are all in a line for each school, I'm at the front. We get told to go on the gun. 3 2 1 and I pretty much sprint down the first striaght, I'm in the lead but chasing group is right behind me. There is mud everywhere from the past wet night. As well as trying not to stand in any cow poo or rabbit holes. We have to run two laps around 8 paddocks. I've almost finished my first lap, I'm still in frist I can hear the crowd going crazy yelling my name, It's getting louder and louder as I go around for my second lap.

I overlap loads of people that aren't taking it seriously and are just here for a day off school. I'm less than 200m to the finsh people yelling my name as I get closer and closer to the finsh. As well it is the top 10 people that qualify for the next race. I've done it! Now to wait for everyone else to finsh and all the other age groups.