Chapter 9

Fuck Scott.

Fuck Scott and his stupid ways of editing, because his Twitter notifications were blowing up with thousands of tweets about him and a certain tenor, with a link to a Superfruit episode titled "#MAVI IS REAL".

What a great way to start his Tuesday afternoon.

He tried to quell his rage and calmly grab his headphones without ripping them in half, but he struggled against the urge to rip them apart and shove them down Scott's stupid mouth. If the thumbnail he picked was any indication to how the whole video was going to go, then he was about to have a really rough time, because it was of him staring at Mitch with the biggest heart eyes he can imagine on a person. Not to mention the rainbow heart emojis Scott decided to include around their faces.

He was joking at first, but now was actually considering disemboweling the baritone.

He groaned and ran a hand over his face as he hit play -- did he always make that stupid face when he was admiring Mitch? If so, then he was in for a lot of trouble. He admired Mitch pretty frequently throughout his day.

It started out okay; with Mitch pulling back from the camera and complaining about not being able to do an intro, then Scott texting him, and showing the text to the camera. Avi took a deep breath as the intro played; so far so good. He hadn't made that much of a fool of himself yet, other than a few lingering glances at Mitch that Scott couldn't have cut out if he even tried.

He briefly went over his own features as their first (and failed) intro started. He didn't actually look as bad as he expected; the bags under his eyes were nonexistent in that lighting, and his eyes looked brighter and happier on camera than they did in a mirror, so he guessed that was a good thing.

But as the video went on, he let himself cringe at how many moments Scott left in that didn't need to be in the video, like Avi tracing the contours of Mitch's face and smiling like an idiot while he was searching for questions. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Mitch doing the same thing to him, though. His eyes searched his face while Avi was answering a question, before coughing awkwardly and looking back to his phone like nothing had even happened.

Avi nearly slapped a hand to his forehead as he felt heat rise to his cheeks. Fuck Scott. He made them look like a teenage couple too embarrassed to touch each other and it was adorable.

And then the part with his low note came up, and it sounded even better on camera than he remembered it in real life. It filled him with hope again; he'd have to try hitting it after he was finished cringing at this.

Thankfully, Scott cut out the part that Mitch told him to.

But he spoke to soon. After the video finished and he suffered through enough cringeworthy moments, Scott decided to add it at the very end of the video. Completely out of context. Apparently they hugged for longer than he thought they did, because they were embracing for a solid ten seconds, with Avi's nose burying into Mitch's shoulder and Mitch's perfectly tiny hands resting on his back.

He was going to murder Scott.

He went back to Twitter just to confirm his fears; people genuinely thought that they were dating. But... It didn't make him mad like he thought it would. Now he was just sad, because everyone was having such a positive and supportive reaction to their relationship and they weren't even in a relationship, no matter how much he wanted to be. 

He let himself giggle when he refreshed his feed and saw Mitch's tweet posted 12 seconds ago pop up.

"i'm gonna beat @scotthoying up >:("