Dinner Drama...

"You're late." My mum said quietly. I sighed and didn't say anything, LP.24 came in shortly after I did.
LP.24 started making a series of high pitched clicks and whistles. She was telling my mum what I did! "Shhh! Shhh! Be quiet!" I hissed.
  I ran into my room so I wouldn't get in trouble.
    To late....
"LP.24 is telling me that something happened at the factory today." My mum remarked. "Look. I didn't mean to!" I said frantically.
   "I know you didn't mean to" she said, rapping her arm around me,"what happened anyway honey? " she asked.

                                                                                   *************************

We sat at the dinner table in our little kitchen, "As you asked," I said through a mouthful of bread, " I will tell you what happened." I told her about the cylinder and how I found it when I was looking for scrap parts to sell.

  "Ca-Can I see it?" She asked silently. I gave her a brief nod and removed it from my belt. I looked at her then slid it across the cleared table. My mum picked it up her eyes wide, she studied it up and down for some time and looked at me again.

"Rayn? Do you know what this is?!" She asked me.

"Uh... No." I answered. I looked at the object again.
"Rayn, Rayn, Rayn" she started, "that object you are holding in your very hands is a light saber; weapons of jedi protectors of the galaxy!"