Four>>>

"Oh, hey guys," I said. I have to mention, I am a great liar.

     "Hey. Can we talk to you in, like, private?" Delilah said.

     "Oh, sure," I said.

     "Don't do anything illegal up there!" mother said.

     "We know mom!" I said as we walked up the stairs. I was internally trembling. We got to my room and walked inside.

     "We need to talk to you," Delilah said as she closed the door behind her.

     "About what?" I asked.

     "You were at the last meeting weren't you?" Jeremiah asked.

     "What meeting?" I asked.

     "Oh, you know. The Red Ring of Flame," Delilah said sternly.

     "What's that?" I asked. I wouldn't confess until later.

     "Alright. If you really don't know, we might as well tell you about it. The Red Ring of Flame is a secret cult. We believe in the Circle of the After Life. We believe fire is the main element. We believe burning is the proper way to die," Delilah said. I shuddered.

     "Would you accept our invitation and join?" Jeremiah asked.

     "You would finally learn all of our secrets," Delilah said, her voice sounding more sinister than usual.

     "I... I don't know what to say," I said.

     "Just think of it as a secret club! When you come over to the meetings at my house, you can tell your mom you're doing homework with us," Delilah said. It sounded like they really wanted me to join.

     "...Okay. I will join," I said.

     "That's awesome! I will let you know when initiation is," Jeremiah said. The word "initiation" sent chills down my spine. I didn't know what was going to happen. I had never been more frightened.